What's new

Rockwell Blades?

I'm trying to remember which came first, the black packaging or the white. Neither was a great blade (IMO) but the later blade was an improvement over the earlier one.

Tried the first version Rockwell blades, found them to dull to be usable. The best shave I could get with them was in a very rigidly holding razor, my Timeless SS. It was still a dull and draggy shave but at least it was close enough to be acceptable for me. Don’t know whey you would sell a great razor with such poor blades either... another mystery in the universe.

I needed a quick shave today, hence it was Gillette foamy red can and a Rockwell 6S with a Rockwell blade on its 5th or so shave.

Two passes, WTG, XTG and an ATG touchup along the jaw line and some areas of the neck. A great DFS shave.

The Rockwell blades are thicker than usual and I find them to pair extremely well. They are a tad less sharp compared to the established sharp blades out there, but perfectly Shave grade.

I don't have a lot of experience with different blades yet. But I did not care for the Rocwell razor blades that came with my 6S. I find the Personna US ma

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I had some gifted me. I had no issues with them, definitely a second tier level blade. Maybe a 6.5 or a 7 for me? Easily 10x better than any Derby I've tried.

The sharpness testing over at Refined Shave found the Rockwell to be the least sharp blade tested, duller even than Derby Extra. While I'm not sure the Refined Shave methodology yields a metric that directly correlates to shaving character, it does provide at least an indicator of relative sharpness. No surprise, the Rockwell blades aren't sharp, at all.

They pull my facial hair and make my safety razors skip and bounce. Why would someone even consider Rockwell blades when there are so many good choices out there? The Rockwell blades are not even cheaper. I understand if they were cheaper and someone were trying to save money, sacrificing quality. I just pretend they don't exist.

Top Bottom