What's new

Rockwell Blades

I have some that came with the 6s but never used then due to older bad reviews. After reading this. I'm glad I never used them.
Reviews aren't everything. You don't know untill you try them yourself. I tried Personna Lab Blues based on the great, and like @Rickpa , they give me only greif.

I think that Rockwell blades must be a good beginners blade. It's very forgiving. Then again as a prime example of YMMV, I read a reviewer saying that they were comparable to Feather blades! Hey I am a total DE n00b, but that doesn't sound right to me! I still think if you have been cartridge shaving for kalpas, eons, or whatever... the Rockwell blades (and especially razors!) are friendly gateways!

I agree that it is stupid to ship these razors with such terrible blades. My first impression of the razor was chafing, weepers, and -- worst of all -- a terrible shave that left way too much stubble behind. These are not "forgiving," they are just bad blades.

Since my original take on these, I have been using them with a milder basplate (#2) and can get 3 shaves from one. Still not a great blade, but on par with Derby for me.

Since my original take on these, I have been using them with a milder basplate (#2) and can get 3 shaves from one. Still not a great blade, but on par with Derby for me.
Which is not a good thing. Revisited Derby a couple of days ago and man how they tugged.

The Rockwell videos proclaim 2 years of shaves with their 100 blade pack. Considering 104 weeks in 2 years, they seem to be confident that a single blade will last about a week, around 5/6 shaves.

I used a Rockwell blade for the first time today using a #2 and #4 plate and got weepers on my neck and chin area during ATG using plate #4 which is unusual for me even when using the R41 razor.

I shaved earlier this week with the Rockwell 6C on plate #5 using a fresh Rockwell blade, and it was an excellent weeper and irritation free shave. There's a reason why the shaver's axiom is Your Mileage May Vary.

I shaved earlier this week with the Rockwell 6C on plate #5 using a fresh Rockwell blade, and it was an excellent weeper and irritation free shave. There's a reason why the shaver's axiom is Your Mileage May Vary.
All blades are sharp enough to cut hair even the Rockwell. How well a dull blade cuts has much more to do with technique than the razor frame it inhabits. All else being equal the sharper blade will simply take a little or a lot fewer passes depending on technique.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rockwell Blades
proxy.php

I've had my 6S for a bit more than a month now, using it with either an Astra SP or a Feather blade. Decided to try one of the Rockwell blade that came with the razor. Although I agree it's not the sharpest around, I just had my most comfortable shave ever. I have an irritation prone skin on my neck and just got a zero irritation shave on plate R3. Will see how many shave I can get with it. Doesn't really matter to me though as I replace my blades every 3 shaves.

Never found them a great blade, they're ok for a shave, maybe two, with the first shave being very smooth, but not particularly close as I recall. Still have one or two from the 5-Pack that came with Rocky, maybe I'll chuck one into the Bronze Beast and see how it goes tomorrow. (Timeless Bronze OC if you didn't get it the reference, a fairly aggressive shaver).

Last time I was at Maggards he threw in a 5 pack with a purchase. I made a couple of passes on the side of my face and threw it out. Probably one of the worst blades I’ve used, bar none.

Have the 6s and 6c and love the shaves, but have had similar bad experience with the rockwell blades. As they say in hip-hop " Don't hate the razor, Hate the blade."

I picked up a pack from Maggard Razors, and put it in my RazoRock MJ90 with the A-plate. I got a wonderful, close, forgiving shave that really wowed me. I was expecting not to like them with all of the bad reviews. FWIW, my favorite blades are Feather, Polsilver SI, Personna Red, Crystals, and Gillette SharpEdge Yellows.

On the same refinedshave website somebody stated in the comments that the new version of these blades that comes in a white box instead of the old black box may be a different blade altogether. If commenting please advise if you are referring to the black or the white version of the blade.

I just bought a Rockwell 6c (white Chrome version) about a week ago and it came with the new white box blades. I will be happy to make a review but it will take awhile because I am still using an India Wilkinson Sword blade and I am excalibur-clubbing it so may take 14 days for me to finally throw it out.

Join Club Excalibur on this forum, learn how to make same blade last for 30+ shaves:

Excalibur Club - Blade Longevity DE, SE and Injector

my blades are all black box, but the Model T is shipping and that should be coming with whatever is the newest I would think.

My Rockwell blades are packaged in the white box. They came with my 6S I purchased back in February. And frankly they did a great job this morning!
proxy.php

M

Member 113878

Got my 6C last week and it came with a tuck of the white blades.
I disliked these blades when I tried them last year, but it was the black tuck methinks.
Will try these after I throw away my current blade. (a Shark)

Got my 6C last week and it came with a tuck of the white blades.
I disliked these blades when I tried them last year, but it was the black tuck methinks.
Will try these after I throw away my current blade. (a Shark)

You'll be able to confirm if the ones from the black packaging are indeed different from the newer white ones!

Top Bottom