What's new

Rockwell Blades

A couple of weeks ago, two years after I bought the 6S I tried one of the included blades. I was underwhelmed by it.
I do enjoy Derby extra, they are definitely on the duller side, but still cutting and deliver a enjoyable shave. This Rockwell blade however is even duller, was struggling to cut when I tried.
This is actually one of very few blades that I have binned before the first shave is done, but I didn't want to continue. That bad is it.

Unbelievable how Rockwell can ship these crappy blades with that great razor!
And the 6S do pair well with almost all blades, I can't figure out one other that haven't worked ok. It just eats everything, except the blades that is included with the razor itself.
Embarrassing in my opinion :)

I found them to be about as middle of the road as any blade i’ve used. Not horrible, just very “meh.” I’d never consider buying them again but i’ve certainly had worse.

I found them to be about as middle of the road as any blade i’ve used. Not horrible, just very “meh.” I’d never consider buying them again but i’ve certainly had worse.

Well it's the good old YMMV, but for me it's if not the worst, one of the top three worst I've tried. I very rarely declare something to be bad, but I can't say anything else about it.
Why don't they ship blades that is at least a couple of steps up in sharpeness? Cheap Astra blades would be way better and still a good choice for newbies.

Well it's the good old YMMV, but for me it's if not the worst, one of the top three worst I've tried. I very rarely declare something to be bad, but I can't say anything else about it.
Why don't they ship blades that is at least a couple of steps up in sharpeness? Cheap Astra blades would be way better and still a good choice for newbies.

Yeah many people share your sentiment with rockwell. Though if you want to experience new levels of awful, try the Tiger 3H. Any man who gives it a shot will come away with a newfound respect for ANY other blade.

I tried one of the Rockwell blades that came with my 6C. After reading how awful most find this blade I was not surprised to find the blade the worst I have ever used. It was dull and tugging in a way I never experienced before. I almost threw the blade away but finished the shave. The next day I tried it again expecting to replace it after a few strokes and was shocked to find that same blade give a smooth comfortable shave. So far I have used that blade for five shaves and shave's 2-5 have been pleasant. Is it possable that there is some type of coating that needs to be removed before using the blade?

I tried them when I got my 6C, got the same meh result and quickly put in a Gillette SB. Fast forward a year and decided to try them again because I got 100 free with my Model T. Gillette SB's they are not, but I found them to be pretty good if you keep the blade angle shallow and oddly enough, it got better with the next shave. We'll see what happens as time goes on.

I tried one of the Rockwell blades that came with my 6C. After reading how awful most find this blade I was not surprised to find the blade the worst I have ever used. It was dull and tugging in a way I never experienced before. I almost threw the blade away but finished the shave. The next day I tried it again expecting to replace it after a few strokes and was shocked to find that same blade give a smooth comfortable shave. So far I have used that blade for five shaves and shave's 2-5 have been pleasant. Is it possable that there is some type of coating that needs to be removed before using the blade?
I'm at 12 shaves and the Rockwell blade is still smooth & comfortable.

Top Bottom