What's new

Rockwell 6S, the best razor for me.

I'm opening another thread on the Rockwell 6S but I'm so glad I found my "holy grail". I like mild razors and I shave every day. I tried: Wilkinson, Gillette Tech, King Camp Gillette, Muhle / Ej 89, Merkur Progress, Merkur 34C, Rockwell 6C, Game Changer 68/84, Mamba 70, Karve SS and Start 0.69 / 0.90. I sold everything except for the GC 68, I gave it to my father, and the Start that has been my daily driver for the last few months. Thanks to Black Friday I bought the Rockwell 6S, it's perfect. I like the finish, the look, the weight, it is well balanced and it gives me delicate but efficient shaves, the plate 3 seems to be the sweet spot for my daily shaves. I'll keep the Start for variety and because it's still a great razor, but my search is finally over. The geometry of this razor is pure magic.
I am sorry for the wall of text, I hope my post will be useful.

rockwell bxoed.jpg
rockwell side 2.jpg
rockwell.jpg

Last edited:
I like my 6S on plate 3 and liking a recent RR Gamechanger acquisition.

My next blade change I'm going to plate 4 to see how that works out.

Enjoy the 6S, I think my wife is getting me a Red 6S for Christmas.... but don't tell her that I know.

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear that you found the right razor for you. Is there a particular blade that you're using?

Congratulations.
Though meanwhile I prefer the Pearl flexi and the Rex Ambassador I still feel like coming home when I grav the Rockwell. I totally know what you mean.
Enjoy your shaves.

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear that you found the right razor for you. Is there a particular blade that you're using?
I'm using Astra SP, Muster Teflon, Gillette Platinum and Personna Platinum, it goes well with all of them. But I still have many to try on this razor, perhaps with more in-depth tests.

I'm using Astra SP, Muster Teflon, Gillette Platinum and Personna Platinum, it goes well with all of them. But I still have many to try on this razor, perhaps with more in-depth tests.
Fortunately, blade collecting is a cheap hobby. I bought two sampler packs so far and a few 100 packs. I've also won blades and been gifted blades as well as traded blades with other people. It's all in good fun. I have blades that I know work well if I need a good shave. Otherwise, I can just play around with other blades for the fun of it. Be sure to check out the Great Blade Exchange here on B&B.

The Rockwell 6S is the only razor, or at least modern razor, that I still would like to try. I have an incredible stainless steel razor, the Rex Ambassador adjustable, but I have read many great reviews about the 6S. I just don't know if I could justify the expense of a second top tier razor, even with the Rex being a gift to me.

I tried this razor a few years ago, liked it. Now I use shavers made by hand (author's) I like them more since they are made with a soul and their convenience is greater.

I'm opening another thread on the Rockwell 6S but I'm so glad I found my "holy grail". I like mild razors and I shave every day. I tried: Wilkinson, Gillette Tech, King Camp Gillette, Muhle / Ej 89, Merkur Progress, Merkur 34C, Rockwell 6C, Game Changer 68/84, Mamba 70, Karve SS and Start 0.69 / 0.90. I sold everything except for the GC 68, I gave it to my father, and the Start that has been my daily driver for the last few months. Thanks to Black Friday I bought the Rockwell 6S, it's perfect. I like the finish, the look, the weight, it is well balanced and it gives me delicate but efficient shaves, the plate 3 seems to be the sweet spot for my daily shaves. I'll keep the Start for variety and because it's still a great razor, but my search is finally over. The geometry of this razor is pure magic.
I am sorry for the wall of text, I hope my post will be useful.

View attachment 1370522View attachment 1370523View attachment 1370524
I felt the same when I have tried 6c. I can see that you not only use 6s, but also tried 6c. Can you please tell me if there is a significant difference between chrome and stainless steel version? Do you feel like the 6s is superior? Of course I know that stainless steel is more durable and will last longer, but do you feel the difference when shaving? Is the extra weight of 6s, compared to chrome version, an advantage?
Because I think that 6c is perfect for me, I was thinking recently if the version built with better materials would be my "ultimate razor". I would love to hear the feedback from people who tried both ;)

I felt the same when I have tried 6c. I can see that you not only use 6s, but also tried 6c. Can you please tell me if there is a significant difference between chrome and stainless steel version? Do you feel like the 6s is superior? Of course I know that stainless steel is more durable and will last longer, but do you feel the difference when shaving? Is the extra weight of 6s, compared to chrome version, an advantage?
Because I think that 6c is perfect for me, I was thinking recently if the version built with better materials would be my "ultimate razor". I would love to hear the feedback from people who tried both ;)
Sorry for the delay, I didn't see the notification. The difference is minimal in my opinion but the weight allows the razor to slide on the stubble like a knife on butter. Personally I never felt friction on the skin due to the finish. I prefer the stainless steel version for the weight and for the looks.
If you like the 6C the 6S is the natural upgrade.

Unfortunately it was defective and I had to return it (the tolerances were not accurate and the blade was misaligned using the other plates).
I am quite disappointed, I thought the quality control issues were resolved.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to using the 6S... whenever it arrives. I ordered it couple of weeks ago, it shipped 3 business days later but spent the next several days traversing Ontario. It finally landed outside of Chicago yesterday afternoon so I'm hoping to have it by the weekend.

Top Bottom