What's new

Rockwell 6S still in use?

Rockwell 6S still in use?

• Total voters
The only razor I use, with plate R4, except for when I travel. My only complaint with it is that over time dried soap residue builds up on it, perhaps because of the matte finish. It's easy to see how someone with a heavier beard might want to use something with more blade, but it works for me and my relatively light beard.

I switched over to a RR Game Changer with the .84 base plate. The overall profile is slimmer, the knurling more aggressive, and easier to manipulate around my nose and upper lip compared to my Rockwell setup with the #3 baseplate. I'm certain that a slimmer baseplate on the Rockwell would give me just as close a shave as my RR but I prefer the slimmer profile of the RR.

Last edited:
My 6C was the first modern razor I bought a while back. Tried different plates but always returned to plate 3. Smooth easy shave every time. I will be selling it soon because I bought a 6S from a fellow member and hope I can pass it down to a grandson someday because I'm never selling this one.

Still have the 6S, although I pretty much only use the blackbird these days.

The 6S with plate 6 is very comfortable with fairly good efficiency. I'll keep it in my den forever, along with the Merkur Progress and blackbird.

The 6S with plate 6 is very comfortable with fairly good efficiency. I'll keep it in my den forever, along with the Merkur Progress and blackbird.
Never enjoyed plate 6. For me it has been number 4 always.

New blade = R3
Blade with 3+ shaves = R4
Blade with 20+ shaves = R5
Blade on its last legs = R6

This is, hands down, my favorite razor. It is dependable, efficient, forgiving and nearly indestructible. It's used for 90% of my shaves.
This is a nice tip. I have a blade that it has more than 10 shaves. I will try it with R5 vs my main R4.

I love my 6S on plate 6. My Rockwell and Blackbird are tied for top spot in my collection.

• Cheers
Reactions: nav
With only a two-razor lineup, it's definitely in my rotation. I use it 80% of the time, with plates R3 through R5 and a single foray into plate 6. I had maybe 5 or 6 days' growth that day, and figured I'd need all of that gap. It sliced the top off a mole that had not to that point produced even a weeper, and I bled profusely for two hours or more. Styptic wouldn't stanch the flow. Also had severe razor burn. Sooooo, I stay away from the R6 but continue to enjoy good shaves with the 6S, most often using plate R4 as today.

My other razor is the Timeless Bronze .38. Beautiful razor but I'm still learning how to use it without bloodshed and burn. Odd considering its gap is about that of the Rockwell with plate R2.

I do have a Yates 921-M on order, so if that works out as hoped the Rockwell might see reduced duty.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I think a 6c should be offered to everyone for their first month of shaving. Perhaps with a longer handle for the ladies. It's completely harmless with plate one, it would give everyone a chance to get an idea of where they are on their aggressiveness preference, it would keep a heck of a lot of carts out of our landfills.

Top Bottom