What's new

Rockwell 6S(stainless) and the 6C (chrome)

Have you tried the Polsilver blade?

I find the Polsilver basically as sharp and smooth as the kai, but at half the price.

And don't forget the Moscow blades, Rapira and Voskhod! Excellent blades for me in the Rockwell. Sharp, very smooth, and cheap. The Rapira Platinum lux is like 8$/100, almost a steal.
Going to load up a lot of them just in case.

I too am teetering on the edge of buying a 6C. I have only been a wet-shaver for about a month, and use an EJDE89 as my daily driver, with a Pearl OC in the wings (I posted about my expereince with this in my Journal page).

I'm looking for something more aggressive than the EJ, but not as harsh as the OC. This Rockwell with the multiple heads appears to be a good fit.

Still on the fence. I ask myself how this would this eek out the EJ as the daily driver, and if the additional hardware is right place for my shaving $$.

The 6C will definitely replace the EJ.
I never got very good shaves with the EJ but the Rockwell is basically perfection!

And don't forget the Moscow blades, Rapira and Voskhod! Excellent blades for me in the Rockwell. Sharp, very smooth, and cheap. The Rapira Platinum lux is like 8$/100, almost a steal.
Going to load up a lot of them just in case.

Unfortunately, the rapira and voshkod didn't work out well for me...just too much tugging.

I am a huge fan of the Rockwell razors myself. Apart from the Rockwell I only reach out for my Razorock and Pearl razors.

Don't get me wrong the entire range of other razors from Merkur ,EJ , vintage Gillette's are amazing - however the Rockwell folks have got an idiot proof design absolutely bang on.

I like industrial and rugged design and hence I like the bead blasted matte looks and shape of the 6S.

What gets me kicked the most is the no nonsense adjustable concept of plates. Well one can argue that the plates can be lost - but if preserved carefully - the shave after a 100 years will be exactly the same as the first day as there are no moving parts.

And yes I agree with that statement- even my so called rough blades play along with the Rockwell. I don't have to worry about the blade not being suited to the razor.

I have the 6S, the 6C in chrome and gunmetal and the 2C in chrome for travel.

I progress the plates from 3-4 and finally 5/6 depending on the age of the blade and it's sharpness on day 1

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

6s with #3 plate is my favorite as well after trying a few others. I do like the understated design as well.

6s with #3 plate is my favorite as well after trying a few others. I do like the understated design as well.

The sand blasted look of the 6S is my favorite of any razor!! I'd take the 6S order the 6C only for this reason, if I had to choose.

I have been using the 6c for a few months now and this morning I was cleaning up after my shave and noticed brassing where the chrome has chipped off at the base of all three post.

I have been using the 6c for a few months now and this morning I was cleaning up after my shave and noticed brassing where the chrome has chipped off at the base of all three post.
That is really unfortunate. I suggest contacting Rockwell.

I bought the 6S and have been very happy with it. I am traveling now and took it along as my travel razor because it shaves great and is built like a tank. I don't have to worry about damaging it as I would a more delicate razor.

That is really unfortunate. I suggest contacting Rockwell.

I bought the 6S and have been very happy with it. I am traveling now and took it along as my travel razor because it shaves great and is built like a tank. I don't have to worry about damaging it as I would a more delicate razor.

They won't care I bought it bay, albeit brand new, but I still bought it the bay. I might try the 6s, I'm a little worried about the extra weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 6C and plate 2 has been my go to thus far. I have only used the Rockwell blades, but just put in a fresh Astra SP. I’m still going to try it on plate 2 for the first shave, but may be a Ken to move up to plate 3 with better blades.

I want to get a 6S for shaving at home so I can keep my 6C in my Dopp kit.

Rockwell will definitely sort you out.
It's just a top cap that is required. Even if they don't replace it, you can buy one from them for just $15.

I have the 6C and plate 2 has been my go to thus far. I have only used the Rockwell blades, but just put in a fresh Astra SP. I’m still going to try it on plate 2 for the first shave, but may be a Ken to move up to plate 3 with better blades.

I want to get a 6S for shaving at home so I can keep my 6C in my Dopp kit.

The 6S is damn awesome! Although I use mine with a maggard hexagonal handle.

I keep the chrome version in my travel kit too, but I rarely travel so it must be feeling fairly lonely!!

Rockwell will definitely sort you out.
It's just a top cap that is required. Even if they don't replace it, you can buy one from them for just $15.

The 6S is damn awesome! Although I use mine with a maggard hexagonal handle.

I keep the chrome version in my travel kit too, but I rarely travel so it must be feeling fairly lonely!!

Yeah I saw the other day sell replacement caps, if/when this on fails I will just buy a replacement cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom