What's new

Rockwell 6S QC Issues?

Bought mine late in 2019 - boy am I happy I did. Use plate 4 with Shark blades and 5 with Personnas. Almost impossible to damage myself with this razor on the right plate.

My 6S was delivered last Saturday. Since then I’ve had four of the best shaves I can remember with the 4 plate. Quality is good and I’m a happy shaver.

My did not have any issues however it’s pretty mild even with the six plate.

maybee you need one of these to shave with ? is this going to be aggresive enough for you ?

chai.jpg

I am trying to decide on my first double edged razor and noticed the Rockwell 6S is brought up a lot in this forum. I read about a lot of QC issues (even recently) about their razors though which has scared me off a bit. Can anyone comment if they have received one recently? I know they will take care of me (going by the responses I found online) if something is wrong. However I also read about numerous people having to go through multiple returns just to get one that doesn't have QC issues. I have looked at other brands also so I am definitely considering different options (Rex Ambassador, GC 68 or 84, Blackbird, etc). Thanks in advance!
Stay away from rockwell. They dont warranty their products unless you pay more and the quality problems are ongoing. Try anybother razor but rockwell.

Stay away from rockwell. They dont warranty their products unless you pay more and the quality problems are ongoing. Try anybother razor but rockwell.
Not true. The warranty support depends on the razor. The 6S has full support. It's the non-stainless ones that have limited support, as one would expect.

In the last six months I've purchased a 6c, 2c as a gift and a 6s that I got 2 weeks ago based on how much I liked the 6c.

I will admit that I've seen better chrome finishes. EJ DE89 for example. But as far as fit and performance,
the two I have are spot on. The person I gifted the 2c to reported the same.

So, at least for me, 3 for 3 thumbs up. By the way, the 6c and 2c I got on Amazon, the 6s from Rockwell.

I have one of the first 6S models with the red finish/coating. It isn’t good as the finish has chipped and peeled. Rockwell did send me a replacement though and I got to keep my original one. The newer finishes are much bettter.

The 6S/6C/2C are excellent razors but not aggressive enough for me.

Top Bottom