What's new

Rockwell 6S QC Issues?

My 6S arrived with a minor blemish on the top cap. I didn't send it back. I've never used the 6S much, though. Good razor for the right person I guess.

Bought my 6S about three weeks ago on Amazon. Not as pretty as some others, but nary a flaw anywhere.

Right now, I think only the Karve CB gives me a better shave, but I'm really splitting hairs here, literally ... :biggrin1:

I like it better than both GCs, which surprises me because I typically like smaller heads on my razors.

Last edited:
The first version I think had issues and they replaced them if I recall. I was given mine, and love it. One plate had a odd very small I sent on the side. I was told it was new so emailed Rockwell about it with a pick. They immediately sent a replacement, no questions asked. This was a couple years ago and really Havent seen anyone mention a problem at all since mine. I've read of 200 dollar razors having issues as well. If you look enough nobody is perfect.

when I bought mine over a year I chose the 6c for the price half what the 6c was . The only grumble I have with Rockwell is when I contacted them to see if they where planning a o/c head they got strait back to me saying " sorry but at the time they had no plans to make a o/c head for my razor everything else is top form .

... I was really interested in the Game Changer but I was unsure if I should get the .68 or .84 (or both). I usually shave every few days so it seems like the .84 would be better. Then again having both might make it easier for the days I do have to daily shave.

Go for GC 84. It's not aggressive.

As far as I read the doefferent opinions, I would say that a main diference is blade feel.
If you don't know what amount of blade feel ich you prefer, the way could be to buy both here on bst maybe and sell the one you don't like that much.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

You are right.
The GC84 is a nice razor for sure but had more blade feel than I like for my skin.
The Rockwell on 6 shaves as good but with less blade feel.

The GC84 is a nice razor for sure but had more blade feel than I like for my skin.
The Rockwell on 6 shaves as good but with less blade feel.

I'm going to agree with Nav. I have the 6S which I really, really enjoy. I like the heft of the razor and the smoothness of the shaves it gives. I enjoy the convenience of shaving with with the grain, then cross gain on plate four, and swapping it over for plate 2 for the final against the grain pass. I've not used plate 6 but 5 was still smoother than the GC84. I found the GC really inconsistent in it's shaves. Sometimes, I'd get a very smooth shave, other times it would be patchy. The key for me selling mine though was as Nav says, the blade feel, which especially around the mouth was too much for me.

Hope that helps.

It's quite ugly but it shaves really well. Not sure why they don't do a survey to see what plates are preferred and just offer a razor with those plates ... and with a more elegant form. I'm pretty sure no one uses plates 1 and 2.

It's quite ugly but it shaves really well. Not sure why they don't do a survey to see what plates are preferred and just offer a razor with those plates ... and with a more elegant form. I'm pretty sure no one uses plates 1 and 2.

Why doesn't someone more competent at business offer a modern Bohin replica with tight tolerances? The originals go for crazy amounts of cash.

Why doesn't someone more competent at business offer a modern Bohin replica with tight tolerances? The originals go for crazy amounts of cash.
I read that Rockwell has a patent on the flipping plate, even though it has been around for a long time before. Just wish they would do something more with it. I'm a big fan of the Rockwell 6S in terms of the quality of the shave. It just feels like Version 1.0, and I don't see why they can't do more with it. Seems like there would be more enthusiasm for this than for the Rockwell Model T. I think they made a big misstep with that one.

No quality issues with my 6C, but I sold it due to weight and head size. The GC is much more my size, but I use it with a short, skinny Ti handle.

I would say: get the GC, both plates so you have an option when you want a real mild day. If you want a heavier razor with base plate options, consider Karve’s offerings.

The finishing on both my regular 6S and the jet black are good/great. The reason why I exclusively use this razor is because of the magical head geometry, no fit and finish problems there at all.

I would very much appreciate if they took the same geometry and make the head much slimmer; a slimmer head design might result in better flow through of lather, more agility and better looks. The flexibility offered by the 3 baseplates is nice but I end up using only 2 plates. (4-face and 6-head)

I had a QC problem with my 6C: the chrome on one of the plates started flaking off. I had never dropped it. Rockwell gave me a credit for it and I upgraded to the 6S. My 6S is perfect, solid, bulletproof.

I liked the 6C for it’s lighter weight and smooth finish, but the 6S seems to shave better, especially on plate 4.

As I said above, I use R2, the flip slide of R4, for the third pass on my neck especially. Very, very smooth. I did try plate 1 when I first had it, but as you imply it didn't do much..

Top Bottom