What's new

Rockwell 6S QC Issues?

I am trying to decide on my first double edged razor and noticed the Rockwell 6S is brought up a lot in this forum. I read about a lot of QC issues (even recently) about their razors though which has scared me off a bit. Can anyone comment if they have received one recently? I know they will take care of me (going by the responses I found online) if something is wrong. However I also read about numerous people having to go through multiple returns just to get one that doesn't have QC issues. I have looked at other brands also so I am definitely considering different options (Rex Ambassador, GC 68 or 84, Blackbird, etc). Thanks in advance!

I purchased a Rockwell 6S late last year - no quality issues I could detect. As for the razor design, it is quite heavy and has a large head. it comes with several plates to adjust the shave; I find them all to be pretty mild. For me, it provides a good shave, but the weight is a little distracting.

Around the same time, I bought a Game Changer .84 and a Game Changer .68. The GC suits me a little better. It’s lighter and feels more nimble. I would recommend the Game Changer .68 over the Rockwell. Of course, it’s all about personal preference.

Greenhouse

I purchased a Rockwell 6S late last year - no quality issues I could detect. As for the razor design, it is quite heavy and has a large head. it comes with several plates to adjust the shave; I find them all to be pretty mild. For me, it provides a good shave, but the weight is a little distracting.

Around the same time, I bought a Game Changer .84 and a Game Changer .68. The GC suits me a little better. It’s lighter and feels more nimble. I would recommend the Game Changer .68 over the Rockwell. Of course, it’s all about personal preference.

Greenhouse

Thanks for the reply! I was really interested in the Game Changer but I was unsure if I should get the .68 or .84 (or both). I usually shave every few days so it seems like the .84 would be better. Then again having both might make it easier for the days I do have to daily shave. Did you get just one and then the plate for the other size? I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or just buy them both separately without the need to swap out the plate on the one handle. Neither one is really expensive so having both sizes with their own handles wouldn't be that big of an issue.

I have two 6s and they are both ok, but I read that customer Service is excellent at Rockwell.
It's still my favourite razor, though I had a Rex and now I have a Taiga which is on par with the Rockwell considering shaving Performance.
And keep in mind that you read more og people who are not fully satiafied than of happy shavers...

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

I have two 6s and they are both ok, but I read that customer Service is excellent at Rockwell.
It's still my favourite razor, though I had a Rex and now I have a Taiga which is on par with the Rockwell considering shaving Performance.
And keep in mind that you read more og people who are not fully satiafied than of happy shavers...

Very good point! Thank you!

I have a 6S bought earlier last year and found no issues. I just don't use it anymore. I have several others I much more prefer. I have 2 GC .84s and they are immensely more comfortable to shave with considering the bulkiness of the 6S. I would definitely recommend a Gamechanger. 84 over the 6S. So smooth, easy to maneuver, and quite efficient.

I have a 6S bought earlier last year and found no issues. I just don't use it anymore. I have several others I much more prefer. I have 2 GC .84s and they are immensely more comfortable to shave with considering the bulkiness of the 6S. I would definitely recommend a Gamechanger. 84 over the 6S. So smooth, easy to maneuver, and quite efficient.
Can you compare the gc84 to the 6s? Smokthness, blade feel, efficiency? I use my Rockwell @R6 usually.

I ordered 6s in black a month ago and has been nothing but superb! Very happy with it. I don’t have many other razors to compare it too but my murker 38c and the rockwell is miles ahead and a very smooth shaver

Rockwell is great when you don't know yet, what you want. It gives you ability to chose from diferent levels of aggresion and comparisons with other razors are all over the internet. And when you find out which plate you like the most, you can buy some nice, machined, not that heavy, not that bulky razor with tight tolerances. Therefore I would recommend Rockwell 6C as a cheaper option since you will sell it eventually.
BTW Rockwell customer service sucks big time.

At the moment Rockwell announces to donate one razor for every razor bought from them.

I've got the 6S and 6C, and haven't had any problems with them.

I believe the first release of 6S had issues, which were fixed for the currently available version. If you read or watch reviews, make sure they do refer to the current 6S.

I have a GC 84 and a 6C. I enjoy both! Had a GC 68 base plate too, but that was too mild. When i started using the 6C, I used base plate number 3. Progessed to #4 after a couple months. Now I use #5. l like the multiple base plates.

Can you compare the gc84 to the 6s? Smokthness, blade feel, efficiency? I use my Rockwell @R6 usually.

The gc84 has positive blade reveal, but it isn't harsh feeling. I would say it feels like the Rockwell on R5 or 6. But to me, it feels much more pleasant than the 6S on R6.

6s... my least used razor...

better choices...

i dont like the feel on my face, the weight, the finish, thickness...

oh and i have tried to like it...

Thanks for the reply! I am looking at the .84 right now and also the .68 if I need to daily shave. They both seem to be praised by everyone especially on this site. I typically shave every few days though.

Rockwell is great when you don't know yet, what you want. It gives you ability to chose from diferent levels of aggresion and comparisons with other razors are all over the internet. And when you find out which plate you like the most, you can buy some nice, machined, not that heavy, not that bulky razor with tight tolerances. Therefore I would recommend Rockwell 6C as a cheaper option since you will sell it eventually.
BTW Rockwell customer service sucks big time.

I admit that is something that has crossed my mind while searching for a razor. I am definitely trying to narrow down what I want and obviously an adjustable razor helps with that (compared to non adjustable safety razor).

I have a GC 84 and a 6C. I enjoy both! Had a GC 68 base plate too, but that was too mild. When i started using the 6C, I used base plate number 3. Progessed to #4 after a couple months. Now I use #5. l like the multiple base plates.

That is good to know! I thought the .68 might be a little to mild but I wasn't sure. It seemed like a lot of people that bought the .84 where shaving every 3 days or so and the .68 was for daily shaving. I'm not sure you could daily shave with the .84 (it might be to aggressive for that). I don't mind just buying both as they are not very expensive regardless.

@yotr I shave every other day. The .84 works for my purposes. It might be a little too aggressive for everyday shaving if you don't keep an angle where more of the top cap touches your face (ride the cap). Some people use an angle that rides the bar more. If I were to shave everyday, i might look at the GC 68 open comb or jaws. I would also get the 84 base plate because you will eventually graduate to that. Keep in mind that the Rockwell already comes with different base plates. Bottom line, you can't go wrong either. Good luck!

As far as I read the doefferent opinions, I would say that a main diference is blade feel.
If you don't know what amount of blade feel ich you prefer, the way could be to buy both here on bst maybe and sell the one you don't like that much.

Top Bottom