What's new

Rockwell 6S, Proudly forged in USA, China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents... Please lets keep this conversation centered on the razor as this is the razor forum.
If you want to start a thread about the company and its policies / practices then please do so in the shopping and deals forum.

Thank you

The OP's original post was a valid concern/question, and appears that the mystery was solved.

How fortunate some of us are to have the luxury of choice and the ability to discriminate where our dollars are channeled.
+1 So true.

Of course and everyone has that choice to make, no right or wrong.
Exactly my sentiment, and so I totally understand the original question from @jar_ as well. I generally choose by the numbers as well regardless of where it's made.

Sorry, that out of the way, thanks to @cigator and @jar_ for the details on the 6s and the review of the great service of Rockwell.

I'm still new to DE shaving and just trying to get more consistent shaves with my trusty Merkur 34c, with which I'm getting nice shaves. Just still a bit inconsistent in my technique.

As soon as I feel I've got the hang of things I'll be looking to get some nice adjustable razors, and both the 6S and 6C by Rockwell are very attractive razors with many positive reviews, so these are definite at the top of my to-acquire list... As my RAD also develops along with my technique. :)

On my Edwin Jagger it says England, on Merkur it says Germany.
Is there any country of origin on the Rockwell itself?
---
Do you know any razors on which it states
Made in USA
?
Thanks

---
Made in USA
?
Thanks

You seem to have some major issues with Rockwell. Did you have a bad experience with one of their razors or customer service?

My 6S box stated made in USA and the 6C box stated made in China.

You seem to have some major issues with Rockwell. Did you have a bad experience with one of their razors or customer service?

My 6S box stated made in USA and the 6C box stated made in China.
The discussion about this seems to be continuing. Didn't the Rockwell honcho himself post here and say the 6S is made in the USA? That would end the issue for me. Labeling errors aren't surprising anytime a company has products from multiple origins.

The discussion about this seems to be continuing. Didn't the Rockwell honcho himself post here and say the 6S is made in the USA? That would end the issue for me. Labeling errors aren't surprising anytime a company has products from multiple origins.

Yes, they did confirm that but some members refuse to accept it.

Gents, this isn't a fruitful discussion. Here, or the 5 other threads. Let's keep it to the razor itself, please.

Gents, this isn't a fruitful discussion. Here, or the 5 other threads. Let's keep it to the razor itself, please.
Agreed, no more on that tangent from me. Sorry, Glenn. As for the razor itself, it's obviously a hit, I'll try it at some point, even though most reviewers here and elsewhere on the 'net seem to prefer the more aggressive base plates for this model, and I like a mild shaver. Generally, I'm impressed with Rockwell, Fendrihan, RazoRock, etc. They seem to respect the vintage safety razor designs yet try to go one better with modern technology, with some reasonably priced options, including the 6S, which while not exactly cheap, seems like a good value for all you get.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
---
Made in USA
?
Thanks

I think hes just simply asking if anyone can tell him if its stamped into the razor itself that its made in the USA, like his EJ is England and his Merkur is Germany.

Surely someone can confirm that simple request. I cant because I dont have one.

I think hes just simply asking if anyone can tell him if its stamped into the razor itself that its made in the USA, like his EJ is England and his Merkur is Germany.

Surely someone can confirm that simple request. I cant because I dont have one.
Right on.
Yes I would love to know if Rockwell razor itself has a stamp "made/manufactured in USA " if that's not the case.
Perhaps someone could advise a razor that has such stamp.
Thanks

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Most all vintage Gillette razors were made in either the USA or England, with a few made in Canada and possibly 1 or 2 other European countries. OC Tech made in France?

All are stamped which country they're made in. Regarding modern razors, you already know more than I do lol.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Right on.
Yes I would love to know if Rockwell razor itself has a stamp "made/manufactured in USA " if that's not the case.
Thanks
All of my Above The Tie razors are stamped Made in USA.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Thanks man.
Apologies for off topic
Which of them would shave slightly more aggressive than EJ 89 ?
If you might know.
Above the Tie offers multiple base plates in most of their models for Mild (M), regular (R) and aggressive (H) as well as aluminum, copper and steel razors in DE, GEM & AC formats. Most are also available as open or closed comb versions.

I've never quite understood aggressiveness but I have found that my ATT S2 (slant DE open comb) and SE2 (AC format open comb), M1 (DE closed comb) and G1 (GEM closed comb) are all very efficient.

They are also very good at responding to questions so wander over to their site and take a look around.

To myself Rockwell with no stamp is the same as a 23 dollars Canadian that I paid for "no name " Sir Hare razor, from Amazon, nothing on the handle or the head itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom