What's new

Rockwell 6S Matte Black Slicker/Smoother?

I'm a huge fan of the Rockwell razors, my 6C has been a daily driver for a couple of years. I tried the 6S version but could not get over it's rougher texture. Call me crazy but it felt like dragging a chalk board across my face. I even reached out to Rockwell's CS and they told me that was perfectly normal with the injection molding. Does anyone with one of the matte black versions know if it's smoother or slicker to the touch?

For me it just feels a touch more efficient. Not much, but just so very slight. That is the only difference I can feel.

I'm a huge fan of the Rockwell razors, my 6C has been a daily driver for a couple of years. I tried the 6S version but could not get over it's rougher texture. Call me crazy but it felt like dragging a chalk board across my face. I even reached out to Rockwell's CS and they told me that was perfectly normal with the injection molding. Does anyone with one of the matte black versions know if it's smoother or slicker to the touch?
I have not had any issues with the 6S dragging perhaps the issue is the shave cream or soap you’re using and - or how thick or thin your lather is

I switched from EJ to Rockwell 6S and I noticed ZERO drag issiues. As Joncr above suggested, maybe you should hydrate your alther a bit more

I agree, I have tried them side by side and the finish on the S version is rougher. I can't blame the lather, I've been wetshaving for a very long time. This razor is the only one that I felt drag on. So back to my question, is the coated black version any smoother for those of you that have used it?

Top Bottom