What's new

Rockwell 6S in different finishes?

I have a rockwell 6S which I love. The finish is sort of a matt grey or silver-ish. And the box that it came in is fairly large.
I saw a 6S for sale which looks to be a stainless steel finish and in a much smaller box.
Does the 6S come in different finishes?

Rockwell themselves were selling a matt black one recently — a PVD coating, so it ought to be robust. Not sure if it was a limited edition or a regular thing.

Have to love the ultra-grippy knurling on the standard edition.

I believe yes, Rockwell offers a matte black version. Razor Emporium also offers a rhodium or 24k gold revamp. I have the rhodium version and it is a shiny and a bit whiter than the chrome version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockwell themselves were selling a matt black one recently — a PVD coating, so it ought to be robust. Not sure if it was a limited edition or a regular thing.

Have to love the ultra-grippy knurling on the standard edition.

In the watch world, the recommendation was to avoid PVD coating. It was anything but robust (especially at the low to mid range). But the durability depends on the type and how well it's been applied.

I o b a Rockwell but I don’t care for the gray finish. posts in the past where people were able to polish these razors and make them look more like traditional stainless steel. Has anyone else had any success doing this? I’m interested in trying because I don’t find the gray industrial look appealing.

I have a rockwell 6S which I love. The finish is sort of a matt grey or silver-ish. And the box that it came in is fairly large.
I saw a 6S for sale which looks to be a stainless steel finish and in a much smaller box.
Does the 6S come in different finishes?

Hi,

If the smaller box was a metal oblong tin, it's a 6S from the earlier production run when the razor was first released. Please see the review by the Sharpologist.... A Review of the Production Rockwell Razors 6S - Sharpologist - https://sharpologist.com/rockwell-razor-6s-review/

I have an original 6S from the Kickstarter that came in the metal tin. It's the same razor in the basic steel finish.

Top Bottom