What's new

Rockwell 6S: I Have Found "The One."

Admittedly I didn’t read through the entire thread but for the many Rockwell 6S owners, do you find the razor plates overall really mild? I’ve read reviews where that was stated - specifically on a pass around on another forum. Just curious to B&B members thoughts on this.

(For context, I find the Muhle R89 - 89 series head - too mild for my taste; daily razor att R1 plate). I don’t own a Rockwell.

Yes I did find the Rockwell 6S too mild even on 6, and sold it eventually. It’s an OK razor, but the finish is not great, quite agricultural, and I don’t like that the stud section is not circular but it’s got two machined flats.
I guess it’s personal, but I got rid of an as-d2 and a Guerrilla because too mild, the Rockwell wasn’t as bad but still requires lots of work to get where a Timeless 0.95 or a Wolfman 0.74 can do in 2 passes.

Carlo

I do find plate6 also too mild, but I shave every 3-4 days. I'll try shaving with it on day two and see if it becomes more effective on less growth.

I’m one of the original owners of the first Paradigm 17-4 from last December. It’s my favorite razor but I’m perplexed people find the 6C/S too mild. I don’t rotate razors out every shave. The more I know a razor the easier the shave.

For me the Rockwell (I prefer the 6C, better finish, weight and balance than the 6S) easily matches the 17-4 on the higher plates. Razors just hold the blade and it’s how I manipulate that angle and cutting action towards a great shave.

Question please.

Can you use a plate from Rockwell with another razor cap & handle?

I believe the answer would be mostly (perhaps even overwhelmingly) yes. But a Fatip handle probably wouldn't fit because it's not threaded like most. And one handle that I tried on my Rockwell head wouldn't go because the handle threads didn't "reach up" high enough to catch the cap post (which didn't protrude far enough through the very thick Rockwell plate).

I’m one of the original owners of the first Paradigm 17-4 from last December. It’s my favorite razor but I’m perplexed people find the 6C/S too mild. I don’t rotate razors out every shave. The more I know a razor the easier the shave.

For me the Rockwell (I prefer the 6C, better finish, weight and balance than the 6S) easily matches the 17-4 on the higher plates. Razors just hold the blade and it’s how I manipulate that angle and cutting action towards a great shave.

Eh some people say a Fatboy at 9 is too mild, yet others swear by a tech. Plate #2 & #3, and a Fatboy at 4 is right up my alley.

This morning I'm reminded again why the efficiency/smoothness of the Rockwell works so well for me.

As part of King Gillette weekend I loaded my English HD Rocket with a Bic Super Chromium blade for this morning's shave. As with most razors, I can shave the majority of my face with just about anything. But there are two spots that make or break them - along my jaw line and on a part of my neck.

On my nearly square, two-by-four shaped jawline, the only way I can get it completely smooth is to move the razor ATG, along with copious skin stretching to put it in an ideal position for the blade. The Rocket just wasn't efficient enough for these super tough trouble spots I have, and I could feel I was going to be inducing irritation if I kept at it.

I reached in the cabinet for my Rockwell (R3) and it only took one swipe...smooth, effortless, stubble eradicated.

This morning I'm reminded again why the efficiency/smoothness of the Rockwell works so well for me.

As part of King Gillette weekend I loaded my English HD Rocket with a Bic Super Chromium blade for this morning's shave. As with most razors, I can shave the majority of my face with just about anything. But there are two spots that make or break them - along my jaw line and on a part of my neck.

On my nearly square, two-by-four shaped jawline, the only way I can get it completely smooth is to move the razor ATG, along with copious skin stretching to put it in an ideal position for the blade. The Rocket just wasn't efficient enough for these super tough trouble spots I have, and I could feel I was going to be inducing irritation if I kept at it.

I reached in the cabinet for my Rockwell (R3) and it only took one swipe...smooth, effortless, stubble eradicated.

In my opinion I have to agree - the Rockwell is really helpful in this regard.
I've been in London all day but your post has cheered me up! :)

Last few days I've been shaving with my Vintages that have been replated.

I had about 46 seconds to shave yesterday and threw on some Barbasol, plate #2 and did the fastest 2 pass shave of my life.

Excellent! I know i should have had a bad shave due to lack of prep, attention to angle, and going really fast.

Nothing but smooth, amazing.

I had a shave with the 6S on plate 4 with a Rockwell blade on its fourth shave. I was in a hurry and running late, so with some RR Dead Sea soap and a RR finest badger got a 2 pass amazing near BBS shave. Near I say as I skipped the third pass. 10 hours later and the skin felt near DFS. The stubble grows quite differently is not as prickly as with some other razors. I didn't find the Rockwell mild by any standard. It's just a very smooth shaver and extremely well built.

What do people feel about the Rockwell blade here ?

While some would prefer a single adjustabke razor, I like the plates as with zero moving parts the shave is great each time.

Alum block post shave never stings me with the Rockwell razors anywhere especially the below chin vertical neck area stretch.

I also love the barbershop scented after shave lotion. It's what I like with a lot of spicy fragrances.

I believe I've attained Shave Nirvana with the Rockwell 6S [emoji851]
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

It's overall the best DE available for me at this moment. I've tried over 50 razors the last years, vintage and modern. The performance is outstanding, it's built to last and the price is excellent for an adjustable stainless steel made razor system. These guys nailed it.

It's overall the best DE available for me at this moment. I've tried over 50 razors the last years, vintage and modern. The performance is outstanding, it's built to last and the price is excellent for an adjustable stainless steel made razor system. These guys nailed it.
I've not tried as many razors as you, but it's far and away the best of the ones I have. I'm probably going to buy a 2c for travel purposes at the end of the month and call it a day, razor-wise. There may be some selling and PIFfing involved, too.

I hadn't shaved in 5 days and bumped by usual plate #3 to #4 and had a perfectly flawless shave. What a sublime, well engineered tool. Love this DE.

I loved the 6S so much, I got the whole family, the White Chrome 6C and Gunmetal 6C. If there were no such thing as RAD, I would only need these 3 razors. But to quote former Senator Phil Graham " I have more shotguns than I need, but less than I want".

Didn't shave for a full 5 days and broke out the #6 plate. Aggressive, yet still gentle and efficient. Is there anything this DE can't do?

Over 4 months later and I'm still not over how well this DE performs. I've used it exclusively now these last 4 months and still more than satisfied with my purchase. Again, I honestly don't think I'll ever use another DE as long as this one is in my den. It is pure perfection.

Over 4 months later and I'm still not over how well this DE performs. I've used it exclusively now these last 4 months and still more than satisfied with my purchase. Again, I honestly don't think I'll ever use another DE as long as this one is in my den. It is pure perfection.

I absolutely love it too! I have others for other reasons like nostalgia, or history, or aesthetics, or even performance. But when it all comes down to it shave for shave, the Rockwell for me is the smoothest razor, most comfortable & irritation free, plus it provides effortless & consistent BBS shaves. Man I love it!

I did just acquire a Karve CB with 3 different plates so we will see which is the better razor for me, but at this moment the Rockwell reigns supreme in the den.

Top Bottom