What's new

Rockwell 6S: I Have Found "The One."

I did try that three times, holding the blade straight while attaching the handle, but the razor torks the blade into the angle pictured every time, the pegs in the head give the blade very little wiggle room. I also tried not screwing the handle the entire way, but then I just had a very loose razor head which would rotate on my as I tried shaving, that did not feel safe.

BUT I’ve sent an email to Rockwell, and I’ve heard nothing but good things about their customer service so I’m hoping that’s not changed.
Yeah, their razors are guaranteed—I’m sure they’ll take care of you. It’ll be good to have it fixed: the 6S is a really fine razor when everything works as it should.

nice to see so many positive things here. I just ordered a 6c and am looking forward to giving it a go. If i really like it, I will likely get the 6s and move the 6c to my travel kit.

I did try that three times, holding the blade straight while attaching the handle, but the razor torks the blade into the angle pictured every time, the pegs in the head give the blade very little wiggle room. I also tried not screwing the handle the entire way, but then I just had a very loose razor head which would rotate on my as I tried shaving, that did not feel safe.

BUT I’ve sent an email to Rockwell, and I’ve heard nothing but good things about their customer service so I’m hoping that’s not changed.
That is a defective head. I had the same issue with my Fendrihan razor, I e-mailed them about it, they sent me another head, and bingo, problem gone.

View attachment 904808 View attachment 904809

I thought I’ve been going crazy but for the past two weeks every time I go for my Rockwell 6S I notice I only one side shaves. Currently have a Wilkinson blade in it and it’s easier to measure the blade tabs at the end but the blade consistently angles so one side is more exposed than the other. But I’ve not said anything because, you know, it’s the Jesus of SE’s so obviously I must be wrong. But i don’t know what to do, I just end up disheartened after every shave. But in the photo you can see that at the tabs of the blad one half is at a millimeter and the other dips half a millimeter. This is with plate 3 on.

Without the measuring I’ve had the same frustration with a Voskhod and Astra blade.
Since the Rockwell is MIM casted it should have tight tolerances and exact replica for each molded part.

I suspect this could be the first lot from their Chinese venture where manufacturing of the stainless steel razor is also to move eventually ?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Since the Rockwell is MIM casted it should have tight tolerances and exact replica for each molded part.

I suspect this could be the first lot from their Chinese venture where manufacturing of the stainless steel razor is also to move eventually ?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hmm, maybe, I received this one after the 6S was out of stock last month so who knows. I still haven’t heard back from reaching out to them.

How long did Fendrihan take to get back to you? I’m hoping to hear back form Rockwell soon.
Fendrihan was quick to respond to my e-mail, only two weeks or so as I recall. Their steel heads are heavily hand filed and sanded, almost of the "no two are exactly alike" variety. They probably get a large volume of returns and exchanges, and they need to be prepared.

nice to see so many positive things here. I just ordered a 6c and am looking forward to giving it a go. If i really like it, I will likely get the 6s and move the 6c to my travel kit.
That sounds like a great combo. Make no mistake the Rockwell 6S is stellar and I bet the 6C will match up to it’s heavier brother - I’m just going to keep paying attention to how I load the blade on the 6S. Love the feel of the matte steel - helps with grip too.

Not to bump threads but I just needed to update and say that Gregori from Rockwell’s Customer Service team contacted me and immediately replaced the razor, I just shaved with it today and effortlessly got a BBS shave I haven’t had in weeks! Outstanding.

Not to bump threads but I just needed to update and say that Gregori from Rockwell’s Customer Service team contacted me and immediately replaced the razor, I just shaved with it today and effortlessly got a BBS shave I haven’t had in weeks! Outstanding.
Congratulations. Since you began posting about returning your razor, I sold my house, bought a new one, spent a night in a hotel and moved, and ended up not shaving with my 6S for several days (horrors!). Finally getting it unpacked and using it again reminded me that it is The One for me by a long margin. Enjoy yours.

Congratulations. Since you began posting about returning your razor, I sold my house, bought a new one, spent a night in a hotel and moved, and ended up not shaving with my 6S for several days (horrors!). Finally getting it unpacked and using it again reminded me that it is The One for me by a long margin. Enjoy yours.

Yup, I can agree. During that process I was thinking I should just save up to buy the Rex Ambassador, but the 6S is so much more my style. I can’t guarantee it’s the LAST razor I’ll buy, but I can guarantee it’s the ONLY razor I NEED.

The 6C is not bad. Setting 1 did nothing for me. Literally. Wouldn't cut a single hair. Setting 3 was very comfortable. Haven't tried the other ones yet. It is a little awkward twisting the handle off/on. Feels like it may cross thread.

The 6C is not bad. Setting 1 did nothing for me. Literally. Wouldn't cut a single hair. Setting 3 was very comfortable. Haven't tried the other ones yet. It is a little awkward twisting the handle off/on. Feels like it may cross thread.
I found the threads on the 6C did need a drop of mineral oil when new. I've had no problems since then, though I slightly prefer the 6S, which also screwed together smoothly from the get go with no help.

Just how heavy is the 6S? I don’t like my razors too light, but don’t like them too heavy either.. but these do look so tempting.

I think I used plate R1 once or twice and it really is not effective. All the other plates are effective however.

With my 6c (which I adore) I nearly always use R6 nowadays. I have used all the options from R1 to R6. R1 must be for removing fluff from a jumper - it leaves my whiskers alone. However I have found that if you have started a blade and it feels as if it needs "breaking in" or has a harsh edge then a single pass on R1 will smooth the edge rather well - so it does have its uses.

Top Bottom