What's new

Rockwell 6S: I Have Found "The One."

I have been wet-shaving for 7+ years, and in that time, have used my fair share of DE's. I started off the with Edwin Jagger DE89, stumbled around with others, and settled on a Pre-War Gillette Tech (Triangular Holes) that I DE exclusively for the last 5 years.

Curiosity got the best of me when I kept reading about the Rockwell 6S, The Timeless, and other higher end stainless steel razors. I've been wanting a well built steel razor that I know wouldn't snap like Zamak tends to randomly do. I did some research and decided to go with the Rockwell since it has variable options in terms of aggressiveness choices. I'm so happy I did.

The is by far the best DE I have ever used. Smooth and efficient is a vast understatement. I started off on the Plate 3 since I like mild to medium aggressiveness and it cruised right through my 2 day growth like a light-saber. Just pure shaving bliss with my Personna Lab Blues. When shaving against the grain, I honestly couldn't tell I even had a blade in there. Absolutely zero tugging, pulling, nicks, or weepers. Nothing but the smoothest and most refreshing shave I've had to date. My face has never been so smooth or irritation free. I tend to have little bits of burn around my adam's apple and the base of my neck, but an hour later and nothing - my wife can't stop rubbing and nuzzling my face.

Not only does it perform well, it is simply gorgeous to look at. The fit and finish are exceptional and the blade alignment and gap are perfectly centered and even. The Rockwell 6S is a functional work of art that I will now use for the rest of my wet-shaving life.

proxy.php

Sure you will...

Did you see the latest reviews of the Timeless, Paradigm, Wolfman, insert name here? ;)

Nice score, The 6S is among the smoothest razors on the market, I have one but unfortunately plate 6 is still not efficient enough for me, although the smoothness is there. I have bought the Paradigm 17-4 which while more efficient than the 6s@6 it's as smooth or smoother.

my wife can't stop rubbing and nuzzling my face.
I think you have hit upon the one truly relevant review criterion. Though I am not a tobacco user, I am reminded of the legendary slogan of a pipe tobacco commercial from ancient times: "Pass the word -- the chicks are back!"

Welcome to the club! I'm a recent convert as well. No other razor combines the attributes of smoothness, efficiency, versatility and value. It's all I use now :thumbup:

Welcome to the club! I'm a recent convert as well. No other razor combines the attributes of smoothness, efficiency, versatility and value. It's all I use now :thumbup:

Right? It is almost like you have to deliberately try to cut yourself with the Rockwell. It is unbelievably smooth in any pass that I take with it. I've found my sweet spots to be base-plates 2,3, and 4. I can honestly see myself only using this DE for the rest of my days. A superb shaving tool.

Been lurking for awhile. I absolutely love my 6S on plate 4. Just plain smooth, to the point it’s almost boring. I rotate amongst others a wolfman guerrilla, razorock mamba, blackbird, schone, EJ89, red tip, general and clog pruf. Have a timeless 68 incoming too. Time to thin the herd from my one year of wetshaving experience I suppose :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I agree with all the high praise for the 6s but I'll add that ts the best bang for your buck out there. A must have razor.

Just put a Feather through my 6s using plate R3. Second shave on this Feather blade (yesterday it was with plate R2).

No great, dramatic "this blade is too sharp" moments. In fact I found the Feather no more or less sharp in my Rockwell than either the Gillette Silver Blue or 7o'clock Super Stainless.

One consistent feature I've found "so far" in this 6s is that it brings out the best in every blade I've used so far!

Tomorrows blade: Personna Med Prep. This is another blade with a great reputation for sharpness and efficiency. I have it on tap because for one I've never used it in the 6s before and secondly, I have an "all American" shave lined up, to include the Rockwell 6s, Cremo, TN Dickinson WH, and American Shaving AS Balm (should be my 4th of July set up too :))

For me and my face —— Rockwell 6C, plate R4 with a Gillette Nacet blade ..... sublime shaving indeed !

What blade are you going to used on the R5, you'll love the Gillette Nacet with R5 smooth as a
proxy.php

Most likely the Personna med prep that I'll start tomorrow's run with. I just looked at my blade stash and I have ONE single lonesome Nacet in its cardboard tuck! That will be coming out after the med prep :)

I think I am in the minority , but I am getting excellent daily shaves on base plate #1 with a variety of very sharp blades.
I hear people talking about how incredibly mild the feather popular and the feather stainless steel de are and wonder if a Rockwell on the # 1 plate is comparable to these razors.

Top Bottom