What's new

Rockwell 6S clogging issues

I really like the razor #5 is my favorite, but have to continuously have to unclog the razor by putting the razor up to my lips and blowing it out. I haven't been cut yet by doing this but is a pain . Recently i have bought the Razorrock .84 OC to see the difference . This razor i can run under tap water to clean. My question is do most people who own the 6S have clogging issues, or can they run it under tap water to clean it ? If they can then i need to change my consistency of shaving cream and or brand.
I have limited experience wet shaving with DE razors maybe 1.5 years. Rockwell 6S is only razor DE razor i have used up until a week ago when my RR arrived. The ability to run the RR under the tap to clean it out is wonderful i am guessing its do to it being a OC.
Thank you for your time.

I have the Rockwell 6C and I can rinse it cleanly under tap water. I'd recommend to add some more water to your lather if the lather is clogging.
This.

the only times my 6S or 2C clog is if I use too much Proraso preshave cream under my lather or if my later is too dry.
I rinse the razor under hot tap water a bunch of times per pass as well.

Rinsing works for me. If I see any residual lather, I just pass the razor under the faucet again. The drainage ports on the Rockwell plates do look to be minimal. Agree with Timeclo that a wetter lather will help, and with my soap (MWF) that helps with lather performance as well.

Better hydrated lather and more frequent rinsing would be my guess. I've never had any clogging issues with any de razor.

More water in the soap. Practice making lather and add water until the lather breaks down. Note what the lather looked like just before breakdown. That’s what you are shooting for.

the only issue with clogging I’ve had in a razor is if I use something with tallow for example 1kg cella because it has so much in it it clogs it and I have to use piping hot water then swish it around the sink to dislodge it mid shave ...other than that I’ve had no issue...

I shave daily never had clogs myself neither with vegan or tallow soaps. But when my daughter borrows the razor for her legs it clogs due to the longer hairs..so i can imagine that with a week of growth it can clog.

I think its mostly operator error, I have done as suggested to add more water to my lather and had no clogging issues . I was able to run it under the tap to rinse . What i assumed was good lather , was very concentrated and sort of gummy. Tremendous amount of experience on this forum and feel fortune to ask questions.

I think its mostly operator error, I have done as suggested to add more water to my lather and had no clogging issues . I was able to run it under the tap to rinse . What i assumed was good lather , was very concentrated and sort of gummy. Tremendous amount of experience on this forum and feel fortune to ask questions.
Problem solved and most important you should get better shaves w better hydrated lather.... sticky stuff not good.

Glad that this solved your problem. Experience will help you get the right soap/cream to H2O ratio right.

Top Bottom