What's new

Rockwell 6s Bounces Across my Face

I have a Rockwell 6c and a Rockwell 6s. I'm not really enjoying the 6s because it seems to have a lot of friction compared to any of my polished razors. It doesn't come close to gliding, often bounces across my face and just requires a lot of extra effort and pressure to move around. I use pre-shave (Floids, Crown Shaving or JB Beard Lube) with plenty of water with a good lather from either B&M, Stirling and/or Wholly Kaw. Maybe once or twice I would think maybe I didn't use enough water with the pre-shave or the lather was too dry.

Is there anything else I can try or might this just be a bad fit between the 6s and my face?

Might try holding with your thumb and forefinger right below the base plate. That helps me if a razor doesn’t seem to want to stay planted as I’m shaving.
That’s my only suggestion. I personally didn’t care for the 6s, liked the way the 6c shaved better.

I had trouble with a razor bouncing this week, but it was definitely related to my soap being too watery and my angle being off.

Might try holding with your thumb and forefinger right below the base plate. That helps me if a razor doesn’t seem to want to stay planted as I’m shaving.
That’s my only suggestion. I personally didn’t care for the 6s, liked the way the 6c shaved better.

That's a good suggestion. I'll try that.

I had trouble with a razor bouncing this week, but it was definitely related to my soap being too watery and my angle being off.

I hadn't considered the angle. That's something else I can troubleshoot. I didn't have that problem with the 6c, but it could be something the weight of the 6s makes more apparent.

I can not confirm this with my Rockwell but I had it with the Rex Ambassador, so i guess its a ymmv thing

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

Sounds like a soap problem to me. Too much water. The razor is hopping across bare clean skin and doesn’t have any lubrication for glide.

I like the face feel and glide provided by polished razors. Have you considered polishing your 6s? Not only will it look better, but more importantly it’ll shave better.

Sounds like a soap problem to me. Too much water. The razor is hopping across bare clean skin and doesn’t have any lubrication for glide.

I'll definitely try using more product when I use this razor. It is my heaviest razor and the only one with that matte stainless finish. I usually aim for a semi-transparent consistency, maybe I need to go more for a yogurt / pasty consistency.

Top Bottom