What's new

Rockwell 6S and the Taming of the Blade

So, I’m kind of in a pickle. I’ve been using my new 6S for a week now with my go-to blade: Treet Platinum.

Here’s my conundrum. The razor is very smooth and mild, extremely easy to shave with, but I think it sort of tames my already mild-ish blade. the sweet spot plate for me is R3, going higher begins irritating my very sensitive face. But, plate R3 doesn’t give me the closeness I’m looking for without way too much touch-up action, which begins to irritate my face. I love the overall feel of the razor but I don’t think the Treet Platinum performs well enough with a milder plate.

Has anyone else found the same issue with your chosen blades? Where the razor tames it too much? Did you have better luck with a different blade, and if so which?

Maybe the razor just isn’t for me, who knows. Maybe I just want it to work out more than I should, and should chalk it up to failed experimentation. Who knows.
Sounds to me as though you need to try more blades. I have a mother load on sale at the BST right now!!

Sounds to me as though you need to try more blades. I have a mother load on sale at the BST right now!!
Appreciate the offer, but at 115-ish USD that’s a little out of my spending budget.

I’ve actually tried a lot of blades, but for some reason people think I haven’t lol. Maybe the way I worded it? I have found lately, however that the 6S works well for me on Saturday. Reason being, I shave 6 days a week and give my face a day off on Friday. So, plate 4 with a new Nacet takes care of my two-day growth nicely with no irritation. So, I’ll keep it for that reason. Though, continuous experimentation is a difficult thing to quit!

Appreciate the offer, but at 115-ish USD that’s a little out of my spending budget.

I’ve actually tried a lot of blades, but for some reason people think I haven’t lol. Maybe the way I worded it? I have found lately, however that the 6S works well for me on Saturday. Reason being, I shave 6 days a week and give my face a day off on Friday. So, plate 4 with a new Nacet takes care of my two-day growth nicely with no irritation. So, I’ll keep it for that reason. Though, continuous experimentation is a difficult thing to quit!
For me, the Feather Professional blades are so far above any other blade that it will be hard for me to buy any other. You won't be able to use them in your DE razor though. :(

Yes shaving a two day growth will always be better than a one day growth. The reason likely is that the stubble is softer having been penetrated more by the natural hair oil.

Rockwell 6s remains a nice razor. Today a fresh Astra SS plus plate 6, removed a 3 days beard growth nicely with a pass plus touch up. But at the end, every De razor works well I guess if you aim DFS shave...

So, I’m kind of in a pickle. I’ve been using my new 6S for a week now with my go-to blade: Treet Platinum.

Here’s my conundrum. The razor is very smooth and mild, extremely easy to shave with, but I think it sort of tames my already mild-ish blade. the sweet spot plate for me is R3, going higher begins irritating my very sensitive face. But, plate R3 doesn’t give me the closeness I’m looking for without way too much touch-up action, which begins to irritate my face. I love the overall feel of the razor but I don’t think the Treet Platinum performs well enough with a milder plate.

Has anyone else found the same issue with your chosen blades? Where the razor tames it too much? Did you have better luck with a different blade, and if so which?

Maybe the razor just isn’t for me, who knows. Maybe I just want it to work out more than I should, and should chalk it up to failed experimentation. Who knows.
Try an Astra SS with the Rockwell.

Top Bottom