What's new

Rockwell 6c plates

When I first used it I only used plate 2 and sometimes 3... Now I am on 4. Wondering how other people use different plates? Was wondering to use a 5 and 6 plate? how often do others deviate from the one plate they use the most? Wondering how the shave will differ? I love the razor, just want to use it to its maximum.....

Best thing to do is just give it a try! Most people I know that have one have tried all the plates and settled for only using the one or two that they really enjoy.

The Rockwell 6s is a pretty mindless shaver.

I went up to 6 and then moved on to a R41. My son went up to 5 and moved on to a Fatip. In the end we both used it as an exercise in finding out how efficient we wanted a razor, but found other DEs we liked better for daily use. I sold mine ages ago - prefer open combs.

I’ve used up to 4 so far and found it to be very smooth and efficient for me. I rotate between 3 and 4 for daily shaves, but have not changed plates mid shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me being a everyday shaver through the working week I use plate 3 through the week but if im lazy at the week end and skip a day ill move to plate 5 for a catch up shave then back to 3 for the rest of the week .

I've been trying then all out. I have liked them all, except 1, too mild. I haven't used six yet, that might be today's shave. I'll probably find the one or two plates I like and sick with them.

I have the 2C, the baby brother of the 6C. It offers plate 1 and 3, I have to do 3 passes and 1 cleanup for a BBS. Soon I will have the 6S, probably gonna be using plate 4-5, we'll see.

I shave every day and the 6 was a good plate for me. I switched it up with the 5 every once in awhile for variety sake.

My kids still have many years before they start shaving, but I think the 6S would be a great first razor. It will last a lifetime and grow with them as they progress from mild to aggressive. The 6 series is a great razor.

I'll switch it up some, but not much. I use 5 & 6 the most. And if I switch mid-shave, I'll start with 5 for the first pass, then switch to plate 6 for the 2nd & 3rd passes.

I like a mild shave for my sensitive skin... I use r3 on my 6c and the r2 on my 6s. A DFS every time and never irritation.

R3 can get you a DFS without effort or irritation. Takes some extra steps to get it to BBS though. Well said Doug.

Just my Rockwell 6C & I've been getting a BBS using R2. I will eventually go up a plate or 2 but since I shave every day R2 is working very well using Astra Sp's.

On my first 2 shaves with the 6C I used R2 & achieved a BBS shave. Last night I used R3 & also achieved a BBS shave. Love this razor. Using the same Astra SP blades compared to the EJ89 I returned the 6C is smoother & I can easily shave under my nose with no cuts.

Top Bottom