What's new

Rockwell 6C-Just the smoothest

On the Razor Emporium YouTube channel, Matt recently did a shave off between the 6c, 6s, and his rhodium plated 6s. His results were surprising to me. From what I recall, he found the 6s to not be as smooth as the other two. Hopefully I don’t ruffle any feathers of 6s owners with this post :)
I think someone somewhere said that it would technically make more sense to polish stainless steel than to plate it. If Rockwell would ever release a polished version of the 6S I know I'd get one.

EA53109A-E484-4E96-9953-495FDF4D4228.jpeg

polished top cap &plate 3 :thumbsup:

It’s an easy mistake to make. A batch of 6S packaging came out with “Made in China” printed on it, causing a minor internet outrage. But it was just a printing/design error.

Thank you for the clarification. I had read a review of both and it may have been old information. But, it did say the 6s is made in the USA, but the 6c is made in China.

I owned the 6S for a short time. Definitely found it to be a smooth shaver, though not particularly efficient (using 3 and 4 plates). Once I got the Game Changer .84 and the Karve, I found the Rockwell to be superfluous and sold it on. The GC84, in particular, was just as smooth if not smoother than the 6S, and far more efficient, in my experience. I also found the head to be a bit bulky compared to the other two mentioned.
Plate 6 is more efficient than the Game changer imo

Today was the turn of plate 4/2.
2 days growth
WGT/XGT plate 4
AGT/plate 2
GSB blade
C&F sandalwood cream, face lather
FA Stout

Plate 4 is more to my liking compated to 3. Had some small nicks when AGT with plate 2 (jaw area), maybe GSB is not so effiecient when AGT (sometimes it feels like it gets stuck).

Next shave will be with plate 6/5.. so wish me luck!

P.S. Castle and Forbes really needs alot of water.It seems easier to manage when I start bowl lather for maybe 15-20 swirls and then built on face (I use synth brushes). Has anyone else noticed that ?

The 6c is a chrome coated zamak razor (unlike others, I believe the whole thing is zamak, down to the handle).

The 6s is stainless steel (injection molded), bead blasted and unpolished.

The 6s is heavier, and for me, I get the same shave one step lower (6s plate 2 = 6c plate 3 IMO).

There have been extensive discussions on whether the 6c shaves better because it's polished. I think when you toss in water and slick soap, there isn't any real noticible drag from the 6s.

I have both, and they're both awesome shavers. The 6c is my backup, and the 6s is currently my favorite razor.

IMO, there are two big differences. The first is $50.00 price difference. The second is durability. The zamak 6C may last 20 years or die tomorrow if you drop it. The steel 6S may be passed on to your great-grandchildren. Individual priorities dictate the choice for each of us.

I have both, and prefer the shave of the 6S. I hope that doesn't ruffle Matt's feathers.:001_smile It may be that all 6Cs are not identical, as mine doesn't seem to be made with quite the precision of the 6S. Of course, the 6S is probably not made with the precision of some of the high-end steel razors. C'est la vie.
Owning 6S and 6C I have the same observation. Shaving characteristic is not the same and much more prefer 6S over 6C. Prefer plate R4 in my 6S for a very smooth daily shave but never go over R3 with my 6C as it’s just not as comfortable.

Owning 6S and 6C I have the same observation. Shaving characteristic is not the same and much more prefer 6S over 6C. Prefer plate R4 in my 6S for a very smooth daily shave but never go over R3 with my 6C as it’s just not as comfortable.

Thank you. That is really good to know.

[QUOTE = "BerKon, message: 10478051, membre: 123719"]
Posséder 6S et 6C j'ai la même observation. La caractéristique de rasage n'est pas la même et beaucoup plus préfèrent 6S à 6C. Préférez la plaque R4 dans mon 6S pour un rasage quotidien très doux, mais ne passez jamais au-dessus de R3 avec mon 6C car ce n'est tout simplement pas aussi confortable.
[/CITATION]
I go down to plate 3 with the R6S Matte Black compared to the 6S Inox (plate 4)

Top Bottom