What's new

Rockwell 6C handle suggestions

I have a Rockwell 6c and I love it but the handle is too long for me. Can I use a steel handle with it or will it ruin the pin of the cap? Suggestions for shorter zamak handles are welcome.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I have a Rockwell 6c and I love it but the handle is too long for me. Can I use a steel handle with it or will it ruin the pin of the cap? Suggestions for shorter zamak handles are welcome.

Please note that Rockwell uses 10-32 thread, whose diameter is 5% smaller than the M5 thread of most handles on the market.

Therefore, you must be careful during the rotation, do not over tighten, you will use any handle happily.

Please note that Rockwell uses 10-32 thread, whose diameter is 5% smaller than the M5 thread of most handles on the market.

Therefore, you must be careful during the rotation, do not over tighten, you will use any handle happily.
Could that size difference be remedied by using some plumber's tape on the threads?

ERS4

Could that size difference be remedied by using some plumber's tape on the threads?

No need to use plumber's tape.
The diameter difference of 5% is not big, 10-32 thread can be installed with M5 handle normally, but the bite will be slightly smaller. Using plumber's tape will too difficult to assemble, and may put too much pressure on zamak of 6C.

If use a thinner Fatip thread with a M5 handle, you have the opportunity to use plumber's tape.
But I personally don't prefer to apply threads that cannot be relative to each other.

ERS4

No need to use plumber's tape.
The diameter difference of 5% is not big, 10-32 thread can be installed with M5 handle normally, but the bite will be slightly smaller. Using plumber's tape will too difficult to assemble, and may put too much pressure on zamak of 6C.

If use a thinner Fatip thread(4.5X.075) with a M5 handle, you have the opportunity to use plumber's tape.
But I personally don't prefer to apply threads that cannot be relative to each other.

Top Bottom