What's new

Rock Climbing & Rock Slinging in The Rockies

In the mountains today, a bit of rock climbing, a bit of hiking and an endless supply of Ammo.

I took a homemade plywood frame slingshot with me, banded with TBG and a SuperPouch to kill the time when I wasn't climbing, watching the kids climb or belaying for other climbers.

Gotta love the Canadian Rockies.

Here are a couple shots of me shooting and the little guys climbing (9 &11). Not bad for their first time.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Looks like you really had a great April 1st!

That is just so awesome!!
Thanks guys, it was. We love getting the kids outdoors and using their minds and bodies. Spending it in the mountains and with extended family was a bonus.

It was a combo "Mess Hall" & "Outdoors" day. We had to work off the poutine we had for lunch :w00t:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Looks like they are climbing 5.6ish, great of you to get them out there. Your the best dad!
I think you are about right. I used to climb a lot indoors and then make my way out to the mountains for outdoor climbing. I've lost touch with it, but was fun to do it again and have the kids try.

We are lucky to live in such a beautiful country.

In a matter of miles and 24 hours, we went from tubing in snowsuits to shorts and getting sunburns.

Lake Louise:
proxy.php

Johnson Canyon:
proxy.php

Heart Creek:
proxy.php

Kananaskis area:
proxy.php

Bow Falls:
proxy.php

Looks like a great day! Makes me jealous. My gear is in the closet collecting dust. The one place I had semi-close to me is closed for climbing now. Best part of the day when I would go is letting other people try climbing or rappelling for the first time ever. Some would never have the chance otherwise and they all enjoyed the experience.

Top Bottom