What's new

ROCCAsolid, brotherhood for lovers of the Mühle Rocca

View attachment 1854759
It's been a while since I used the Rocca; I got two new razors which I tried out extensively over the past few weeks. I love them, but my Rocca is very dear to me so I'll keep it in rotation.

The Rocca is still an amazing shaver; consistent, reliable, and easy to handle. It works very well with the Nacet blade and gave me an easy DFS++ on the fourth use of this blade.

This razor has a lot going for it. The looks, the precision workmanship and the practicality of the birch bark grip on the handle. It doesn't slip one iota when wet. It actually needs to be wet to be that grippy.

Mühle did indeed do a great job with the Rocca and I'm still amazed that it isn't all that expensive for what you get.
Is this a new Nacet variety or just different packaging? I've never seen "Nacet golden shave" before...

IMG_6981.jpeg

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Pre-shave: cold water splash / YBN Glycerin
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Arno Brush - 26 mm New Manchurian 2-band badger, fan shape, Jade Palace (Prototype)
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Mühle Sandalwood
A/S: POLA - Galantom II after shave lotion
Aftercare: Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Byredo - Rose of No Man's Land

It's been a while for the R95 to make an appearance in my shaving routine. Ah, those times when I only had two razors.

Today the Rocca was up for a performance after some neglect over the last few weeks. New shiny razors had to be tested and the R95 was put in the corner for a while. But I do like to return to this razor. It was my first more aggressive razor after the R89 and it still holds a special place in my heart.

The Rocca is a one of a kind design which bears no resemblance to any other razors, vintage or modern, and in the R95 version is the only razor in existence which has a birch bark handle (at least I think so). It is still a very efficient shaver and a real pleasure to wield. I wouldn't part with it and I do enjoy the shaves I get with this beauty. Today, easy DFS+ which could have been a BBS shave with just a bit of more effort on my part.

The Rocca never disappoints.

IMG_7019.jpeg

Monday, June 17, 2024

Pre-Shave: cold water splash / YBN Glycerin
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Arno Brush - 26mm New Manchurian 2-band badger, Jade Palace (prototype)
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Desairology (sample)
A/S: Pinaud Clubman - Special Reserve (decanted)
Aftercare: Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented / Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Hermès - Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

Another great shave with the Rocca plus a fresh Nacet blade. No complaints with a DFS+. The Rocca performed reliably great and dealt with two days worth of whisker growth in a jiffy.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240617_221408.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#169 of 366 remaining 197(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Perma Sharp (10)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: MdC Original(103)
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight was just a dream shave, using the Rocca set with MdC is really living the dream. Everything just seems to go right with this setup and it gives great comfortable shaves every time. I just had a blast tonight and ended up with a near BBS finish. As I keep saying this could easily be my forever set-up.

IMG_9216.jpeg

Monday, June 24, 2024

Pre-shave: cold water splash/YBN Glycerine
Blade: Derby Extra (4/5)
Brush: Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger Ebonite
Cream: Speick Shaving Cream
A/S: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
EdP: Tom Ford - Oud Wood

It's been a while since an all- Mühle setup and there wasn't any disappointment. Both brush and razor performed admirably and presented me with a DFS++ as a reward. Great Monday morning shave and a very pleasant way to start the week.

IMG_9584.jpeg

Saturday, June 6, 2024

Pre-shave: cold water splash / YBN Glycerine
Blade: Minora
Brush: ARNO 26mm Classic #12, Gen5 synthetic
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Fougère Classique (sample)
Aftershave: 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser
EdT: Zino Davidoff

A breathtaking shave with the Rocca today for a great BBS Saturday morning shave. This goes to show that the Rocca is not to be underestimated or written off, despite the couple of new and exciting razors which have been added to my collection recently. The Rocca always delivers and remains a reliable tool in my shaving arsenal.

Top Bottom