Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Platinum (17)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: Fine Lavender Pour Homme
A/S: CK In2U
Post Shave: Proraso Green Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Gel

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Reposting yesterday’s SOTD with the 96JET here. I have a Rocca obsession… I actually own three (94, 95, 96JET) and all of my other razors are gathering dust. Having large hands, this razor feels perfect. Outstanding audible feedback, a natural angle, and a beautiful razor. I get a perfect shave, regardless of which of my soaps I use and with any of my “standard” blades. I get all the variety I need by rotating through these three razors when I do a blade change. My plan for 2024 is to use exclusively Roccas, gradually selling off my other razors.

Attachments

• IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
On the subject of Rocca R95… what, if anything, do you gents use to treat the handle? I have in my possession Birchwood-Casey Tru-Oil and Ballistol (both used on my firearms), as well as some food-grade cutting board oil. Thoughts? Your personal experience? The handle came to me darker than the photos represented; I don’t want it to get darker if it can be avoided.

Happy scraping!

Date15.01.2024
366 daily shaves
015/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94KCG (5)Mühle Rocca STB
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
Face Wash
Mastro Miche preshave
Barrister + Mann Leviathan
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Consistency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (Highly Consistent)10/10
(Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10
(BBS-)
10/10
(GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. Good vibrations. An absolute top of the charts shave with precious gear. Bring it on!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

tempImageUt0LGZ.jpg

Just found the ROCCASolid Brotherhood and since I genuinely love the Rocca I thought I'd share. Also, today is Mühle Monday so there a few other Mühle goodies here as well.

Razor: Mühle Rocca R95
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Brush: Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger - Ebonite handle
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Mühle Grapefruit & Mint
Postshave: Osma Alum Block
A/S: TOBS Royal Forest (sample)

Mühle Brush Stand and Mühle Stainless Steel Soap Bowl.

tempImageMQJNcx.jpg

Rocca R95 for Mühle Monday. Soap sample is PAA - Coconut & Oud. Great shave today with an ever elusive BBS. Fresh Rubie blade, and great lather from the PAA soap. Everything worked well together today. EdP is Tom Ford - Oud Wood (I placed the bottle backwards, and didn't realize it). I'm amazed how versatile the Rocca is; easy to handle for a newbie yet great shaving results can be achieved nonetheless.

Have been away for a few days (had some ski-ing to do ;-) ), and I am glad there are more of us joining the Rocca party. Keep the pictures coming! Since it is Monday and I still have to do some shaving, it will be a Mühle shave today for me too. If I find the time, I will take another photo.

tempImageIHACRn.jpg

Hardware: Rocca R95, Gillette Rubie, Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger with Ebonite handle, DSC scuttle
Software: Kiehl's Age Defender Exfoliating Cleanser / YBN Glycerin (both pre-shave), Soap: B&M Fougere Gothique, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne , TdH - Eau Intense Vetiver EdP

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Gents,

Since I can find nothing on the internet, I’ll pose my question here.

I know the Rocca 95 handle is an aluminum tube pressed onto stainless steel end pieces. The birch rings are slid over the tube before assembly.

I believe, based on readings, that the R96 is similar to the r95 with an aluminum center tube that is DLC coated.

I further believe that the handle on the R96JET is also an aluminum tube, with the entire razor being DLC coated.

So, what is the handle material on the R94? It is advertised as “pure matte stainless steel,” while the others are “stainless steel and birch,” “stainless steel and black,” and “jet black stainless steel.” Would my assumption that the handle tube on the R94 is stainless be correct?

TIA.

Gents,

Since I can find nothing on the internet, I’ll pose my question here.

I know the Rocca 95 handle is an aluminum tube pressed onto stainless steel end pieces. The birch rings are slid over the tube before assembly.

I believe, based on readings, that the R96 is similar to the r95 with an aluminum center tube that is DLC coated.

I further believe that the handle on the R96JET is also an aluminum tube, with the entire razor being DLC coated.

So, what is the handle material on the R94? It is advertised as “pure matte stainless steel,” while the others are “stainless steel and birch,” “stainless steel and black,” and “jet black stainless steel.” Would my assumption that the handle tube on the R94 is stainless be correct?

TIA.
As far as I know Mühle advertises the Rocca as all stainless steel. Also in German their website states Edelstahl which translates to stainless steel.

Not sure if that answers your question, but that’s what I know.

Guido

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Questions for my Rocca brethren:

Do you shave exclusively with a Rocca?

How many Roccas do you own?

Trying to justify my mental illness. Since selling off all of my other razors, yet still wanting razor variety, I bought an R95 and an R96 JET to accompany my much-loved R94.

I just ordered an R96 to complete the collection. I hope Muhle doesn’t release another version…

Questions for my Rocca brethren:

Do you shave exclusively with a Rocca?

How many Roccas do you own?

Trying to justify my mental illness. Since selling off all of my other razors, yet still wanting razor variety, I bought an R95 and an R96 JET to accompany my much-loved R94.

I just ordered an R96 to complete the collection. I hope Muhle doesn’t release another version…
I “only” have the R94 and I shave with it weekly or biweekly depending on my rotation mood.

Top Bottom