What's new

Robot vacuums

there might be a problem with dogs in the house and robot vac

This is exactly what has my wife paranoid to run the robo vac when she's not home. Regardless of the fact that we crate our dog when we aren't home. And the fact that the dog hasn't pooped in the house since she was a REALLY young pup.

I think in short, it's probably important to understand that the robo vacs are good for a quick clean. But I'd still expect to have an upright handy for either bigger spills or just a more thorough cleaning in general. Especially if you have a dog that wallers around on a new area rug...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This is exactly what has my wife paranoid to run the robo vac when she's not home. Regardless of the fact that we crate our dog when we aren't home. And the fact that the dog hasn't pooped in the house since she was a REALLY young pup.

I think in short, it's probably important to understand that the robo vacs are good for a quick clean. But I'd still expect to have an upright handy for either bigger spills or just a more thorough cleaning in general. Especially if you have a dog that wallers around on a new area rug...

It is such a ROYAL PAIN to have the vac running when you are around. It seems to want to go wherever you have placed your feet, so running it when there isn't people around is the only workable option.
We do have to do a regular vacuum job now and then, but honestly, it's been reduced from twice daily to about once a month.
The house is just my wife and I and the dog, so that probably plays into that frequency, but still - it's a major labor reduction.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
there might be a problem with dogs in the house and robot vac

🤦‍♂️ OMG why did I click on that!

Deeeeeeee-sgusting! Our robot masters have much to learn / why SkyNet wants to kill us all...

🤔 The white vac makes it worse.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
:a39: A few weeks later, totally pleased with the Wyse vac.

It's tolerated - even liked! - by wife, deeply disliked by cat, and has a nickname.
Usually I clean just one room at a time, but the bin is full of dust, crumbs, cat hair etc that isn't visible.:letterk1: i.e., you clean a clean room and it still gets a ton of dirt!

AA

:a39: A few weeks later, totally pleased with the Wyse vac.

It's tolerated - even liked! - by wife, deeply disliked by cat, and has a nickname.
Usually I clean just one room at a time, but the bin is full of dust, crumbs, cat hair etc that isn't visible.:letterk1: i.e., you clean a clean room and it still gets a ton of dirt!

AA
We recently got a new rug in the area that "Zoomer" cleans. The combination of loose fibers and dog hair sometimes leaves a bigger mess behind than it did prior to "cleaning". It has finally started to lessen now, however.

Top Bottom