What's new

Robert Smith CooncatBob of Bob's Razor Works

My heart hurts to know that this fine man and craftsman has passed. I recently had him make custom "red ring" style handle for a knack head. I need to have it plated but I will cherish it forever. I was stupid enough to sell my other custom razor by Bob last year. I won't do that again.

Rest in Peace, Bob Smith. Your memory will live on here at B&B!

Wow. My condolences to family and friends. I never had the priveledge of dealing with Bob, but I was anxiously awaiting his return so that I could purchase one of his fine creations.

My condolences go out to his family. I had been on the verge of inquiring about one of his handles. It truly shows that life is to short to procrastinate. I never knew Bob, but after reading many of his posts I feel that he truly enjoyed and lived his dreams.
Rest in Peace

Bob will be greatly missed. He was always a pleasure to chat with on the board, and in PMs. :tongue_sm

A true craftsman, and considering his modest setup posted in this thread, a man who was able to do amazing things with very little.

I was fortunate to have have met and visited him several times; he was a fine man and craftsman and will be missed. R.I.P. Bob and thank you for reminding us that things of beauty are joys forever.

Rest in peace Bob. Condolences to you your family and loved ones. Your creations have and will continue to bring great joy to this community and all those that experience them.

Very sad news. I'll remember Bob as a talented artisan and a straight person. I have a couple of Bull Progress razors from Bob which will always remind me of him, his talents and craftsmanship.

RIP Bob. :sad:

That does indeed hurt. Bob was a pleasure to chat with and the razor he made me is my favorite.

Condolences to his family and the community.

How sad. I was just helping my 13 year old son this week to select his first razor. Of my entire 100+ razor collection including the likes of Pils, Joris, Eclipse, Darwin, British Gillettes, to name a few, he picked my one Cooncat Bob made razor as his "dream razor." We were going to have him order one like it. Now, I will with heavy heart pass this work of art to my son as an heirloom for his safekeeping to pass to his son or daughter.

What sad news. He was always helpful and I will cherish my two handles I purchased from him. The memory of his craftsmanship will last within B&B and with members who bought his handles and brushes for quite some time I'm sure.

RIP Bob. I Wish you a safe journey. I regret I didn't know you better and procrastinated in ordering one of your creations

I dealt with Bob on 2 occasions. First time was when he created this handle for me to use with a Muhle head. The second time was when I requested a nickel plated "New' head for the handle. He initially said he didn't sell the heads alone but because I had bought the handle he would do it for me. He aimed to please and was a great guy. Easy to deal with. He's now slipped back into the great mystery and we're all the poorer for it. Thanks for your commitment to excellence Bob. There's a lesson there for all of us.

Attachments

• $IMG_0674.jpg
    $IMG_0674.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 345
Rest in peace, Bob. I'll forever treasure this piece of art you crafted for me. I think I'll use it exclusively for a while out of respect.

$6215996710_e99e7a340d_z.jpg

I'd been wondering what was going on with Bob, just saw this for the first time now.
A good man is gone....

This is horrible news that hits me hard. I had often admired his creations, but regrettably, I never made a purchase. His passing is truly a loss

To those lucky enough to own some of his creations, while I wish I could own one as well, my true advice would be to hold on to the treasure you have.

Top Bottom