What's new

Roasting Ethiopian Natural Processed

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have some natural processed Ethiopian beans that I want to get around to roasting, but I know they take more TLC and a different approach as opposed to roasting washed beans. I've looked around the web and found some articles, but does anyone here have any tips, tricks, warnings, profiles, or other advice?

I'll be roasting them on the Behmor 1600+, so it's a little tricky. I do hope to roast them on something more precise (hopefully sooner than later), so please feel free to post any advice at all, even if it doesn't apply to the Behmor.

Cheers!

I've done 2 roasts of natural processed Etheopian on my 1600+ since coming up to the cabin.

First was amazing. Second was drinkable but pretty bad by comparison. Both were roasted using the same profile and timing. P1 auto till 1c then Rosetta till finish.

Today I blended together all 3 prior roasts (Colombian, Etheopian, and Bali). The results was better than each separately.

You'll want to keep them on the lighter side. City but no more than city+ otherwise you'll lose the subtlety of the beans.

Top Bottom