What's new

Roasted Coffee Exchange?

It looks like there are a few coffee roasters on the board. Anyone have any interest in exchanging some roasted coffee? Might help us all improve our technique by having some constructive criticism. If we get a few of us, it will be a good chance to try some new stuff also.

I would love to participate in a roasted coffee exchange.

I am new but have been involved in home roasting for a bit

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Having sampled some of Scotto's efforts, I could not, in good conscience, offer any of my feeble attempts in return.

I am, however, going to send him some of my next batch for advice on where I went wrong! :lol:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My taste in coffee isn't quite that defined, and getting the packages across the Cdn border ... :mad3: ... so I wouldn't take part, but ...

Thinking in general terms, my limited info about coffee beans suggests there would be problems in terms of maintaining freshness in the back-and-forth shipping. Perhaps would-be roasters are thinking the same, so if one of the experts could offer some info on that it might help some fence-sitters join the band wagon. :biggrin:

Thinking in general terms, my limited info about coffee beans suggests there would be problems in terms of maintaining freshness in the back-and-forth shipping.

As a home roaster I consider more than two weeks old coffee to be quite stale. I do not drink my own coffee that is more than two weeks old as espresso, but is could be still enjoyable in less demanding methods, like stovetop moka, french press or turkish coffee. I generally do not like imported(=stale) commercial coffee with few exceptions (Mauro Special Bar, Danesi Gold).

I think your point about coffee going stale in shipping is correct for international shipping, but I think there should be no problem with UPS Ground or USPS if the coffee arrives in 3-5 days. Unfortunately I am across the ocean and it takes more than a week for packages to arrive from Israel to US or back.

Top Bottom