What's new

Roast Chicken Leftovers

My wife makes this thing with roasted or steamed chicken where she makes a white sauce, and adds it to the cooked chicken in a pan. She also puts rice and a jar pimentoso with bread crumbs on top. It bakestrel in the oven then she adds cheese on top for the last 15 minutes or so.

I don't know what spices other than salt and pepper. This is one of my favorites.

The rice is cooked first I believe. She found the recipe on the Internet and tweaked it since I can't eat canned creamed of anything, the reason why she makes gluten free white sauce.

My wife likes to make a soup out of leftover ready-to-eat barbecued chicken from the grocery store, with chopped onion, chicken broth, and a few lentils. Doesn't require any additional spices, IIRC.

For regular roast chicken, I like hot chicken sandwiches with gravy.
Come to think of it, that's my favourite solution for leftover pork, turkey, or beef too. It's all about that gravy.

I always pick the carcass over well, including the nasty looking bits and chuck it all in a curry! Thai green is my current favourite!

Gareth

I like to use the OLE Extreme Wellness wraps and throw some leftover roasted chicken on them with lettuce and some Frank's hot sauce. The wraps taste great and are only 90 calories for a large wrap. Something quick, easy and fairly healthy for lunch.

We always eat the legs/thighs/wings and save the breasts to make chicken salad. My whole family likes dark meat the best anyways.

make sure you are pulling and eating the oysters while you are breaking down the bird. its the best part.

We always eat the legs/thighs/wings and save the breasts to make chicken salad. My whole family likes dark meat the best anyways.

make sure you are pulling and eating the oysters while you are breaking down the bird. its the best part.

The perks of being the chef!

Seems all of the ideas are covered here already, just about. I didn't see quesadillas mentioned, or tamales, so add those to the growing list. I've been known to toss them into an omelette once in a while as well with veggies.

White CHICKEN CHILI

In a large pot add the following:

2 POUNDS CHOPPED CHICKEN (I used a large rotisserie chicken from the SuperCenter and I used only the breast and thigh meat)
½ medium chopped onion
2 cans Navy Beans with liquid
2 cans White Corn drained
2 blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 cups Chicken Broth (depends on how thick you like it)
2 packages McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
1 tsp White Pepper
½ TBS Minced Garlic
Decent dose of Cavenders
1 can chopped Green Chilies

Bring to a boil and add simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add one small container (8 oz I think) sour cream and stir in and simmer for 5 minutes.

Ready to eat! Throw some sharp cheddar cheese and some fritoes on top and you're ready to go.

Chicken salad sandwiches ; a little dried fruit in the mayo mix, along with walnuts or pecans, perhaps. On white toast. Dark meat preferred. Mmmmmmmm.

Enchiladas, Alfredo pasta and chicken, chicken salad sandwiches. Lots of variations can be made with enchiladas and sandwiches.

Trouble with roast chicken is picking at the carcass after lunch means sometimes there isn't enough to call leftovers :001_302:

If we do show restraint, fricassee or curry of some sort makes an appearance

Chicken à la king was the first thing that came to mind, followed by chicken salad.
One of the things I love about whole roast chicken is the natural aspic that forms when you refrigerate the pan juice.
That stuff tastes so good when it melts into rice.
And schmaltz is good too, even if it may not be so good for you!

This is going to sound out in left field, but I made some savory waffles with sage and whatnot.
Hot chicken on top and gravy.
Really good.

Maybe it's a common thing in some areas but not where I live.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
316B4174-A630-47DB-A464-B11464C6C781.jpeg
This is going to sound out in left field, but I made some savory waffles with sage and whatnot.
Hot chicken on top and gravy.
Really good.

Maybe it's a common thing in some areas but not where I live.
I use to think that dipping a ham and cheese sandwich in egg, frying, then topping with powdered sugar and dipping in raspberry jam was weird- then I had a Monte Cristo. Maybe I’ll try the chicken and waffles one day.

On edit: from two days ago. Missing from the picture is the jam.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Chicken salad. With some fresh Mexican mint marigold leaves from our garden (Texas tarragon) it is outstanding.

White chicken chili (SWMBO's favorite chili)

Top Bottom