What's new

Roast Chicken Leftovers

Hi guys! One of the things we love in our Igloo is roast chicken. I can cook a mean whole bird. The wife and I usually eat the breasts and the rest is put up for leftovers. Our go to's are open face chicken sandwiches, soup/stew, and pot pies.

I'm looking for some new ideas. What are your go to's for roast chicken leftovers?

Chicken tetrazini (spelling may be off) is good. My wife and I have also cut up leftover chicken and used it for chicken tacos and burritos, as well as a topping on pizza. Oh, and we have done chicken wraps too. And, of course, chicken noodle soup.

Sent via mobile

Chicken tetrazini (spelling may be off) is good. My wife and I have also cut up leftover chicken and used it for chicken tacos and burritos, as well as a topping on pizza. Oh, and we have done chicken wraps too. And, of course, chicken noodle soup.

Sent via mobile

I like the idea of a pasta dish. Would that work with mostly dark meat too?

I eat a lot of stir fried vegetable/rice dishes, as in three times a week. Leftover chicken (or any other leftover protein needing to be used up) makes a great throw in at the very end of cooking when thickening the sauce, just in the wok long enough to warm it through.

Simple sandwich with chicken slices, lettuce, mayo, salt and pepper. I'd no doubt also add some thinly sliced cheese in there as well.

dave

We use whatever we have on hand. In my house, having had four kids and having worked two jobs for years when they were young, we stretch the budget as far as we can.

Sent via mobile

We're in the same club sir! 3 little ones under 6. I do the cooking and I like to get the most from what we buy.

Whether it's fried, grilled, or roasted, I like to eat my left over chicken cold. Usually for breakfast.

We're in the same club sir! 3 little ones under 6. I do the cooking and I like to get the most from what we buy.
Smart man. Enjoy the kids. I remember it seemed crazy at the time, but I really miss having the really young ones around. Youngest is now 15, oldest turns 25 this year.

Edit - and now I am getting hungry. Great ideas here.

Sent via mobile

Steamed chicken buns or chicken and vegetable pies are favorite that our family enjoys with left over roast chicken.
Its also good to use the left over to make up a chicken stock.

Tacos
Enchiladas
Tostadas
Psketti (as my kids call it)
Lasagne with spinch and roast chicken
Stuffed shells
Pot pie
Chicken and Dumplins
Chicken Salad with walnuts and dried cherries
Nachos
BBQ chicken samiches

The list can go on and on and on and on

Tacos
Enchiladas
Tostadas
Psketti (as my kids call it)
Lasagne with spinch and roast chicken
Stuffed shells
Pot pie
Chicken and Dumplins
Chicken Salad with walnuts and dried cherries
Nachos
BBQ chicken samiches

The list can go on and on and on and on
Enchiladas! Now I really need to stay away from the kitchen, or I might start cooking.

Sent via mobile

Lots of good ideas here. My favorite is chicken a la king. Basically its just chicken and gravy though a proper a la king would have green peppers and a white sauce. Sometimes I'll cook up some extra gravy with canned stock if there wasn't enough from the bird. We always have gravy and mashed potatoes with the roast chicken. My wife stuffs it although that isn't considered food safe by many people. Chicken salad sandwiches are also nice.

Top Bottom