What's new

River Kayaks

E6A81DCC-5F03-458C-BC07-067DE337D400.jpeg
88604E7A-8534-436A-87D2-ADA3E3B444F8.jpeg

Decided tubing down the river (Toccoa-Ocoee) was a tad too sedate...plus I now have access to a sweet stretch of trout stream on the upper Toccoa near Mineral Bluff. Hence El Wifey and I are going the kayak route. Many of our friends own them and generally they look like great fun.
Did some research and it seems the front runners for entry level ‘yaks are Sun Dolphin, Lifestyle, and Pelican. Picked these up last week...should be delivered on a few days.
Anyone familiar with the Sun Dolphin kayaks?

I have a Pelican 10'. I use it daily. (I live on a lake). Stable, comfortable and inexpensive. A good paddle makes a huge difference. A nonrestrictive lifejacket made for paddling is a good idea too.
I have this one:
Pelican Maxim 100NXT Kayak | Canadian Tire

PS. The guy in the video (on the attached page) has no idea how to paddle a kayak.

Last edited:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Looks like fun! Any way you can borrow or rent a couple different models before shelling out the $$$? If there’s a kayak retailer near you, they might do a “demo day”. Also, if you can wait a month or two, outfitters often sell their inventory and you can get decent used boats for cheap.

Top Bottom