What's new

Rites of Spring

Those of you who live in perennial warm weather can't appreciate the joy of spring as much as those of us who suffer through months of gloomy, cold weather. True, this was a mild winter, but this weekend's bright, warm days (mid-60's) have brought a smile to my face. I was able to go outside and turn over the soil in my garden today, clean up, and prepare for the first planting. Anyone else garden here? I am an avid vegetable gardener, though I grow a lot of flowers as well.

i do....i eat mine...randy does too,,,he smokes his !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I square foot garden....it was taught to me by my father....look under www.squarefootgardening.com if you want to maximize your growing space without weeds or using tools, this is a great way t do it...

I get some great crops for the whole family all summer whith this method...

mark tssb

I do, althought today was the first sowing day, I had to stay indoors as I have the flu. But the wife and kids planted a ton of veggies and some flowers. We especially like flowers that attract hummingbirds and the everpresent bluebirds in our yard. I built a bluebird house about 5 years ago and have since "raised" maybe 15 to 20 sets of babies. They usually lay 3 to 5 sets of eggs per year.

I'm thinking of getting my wife a bat house or building one for her birthday. They are natural ways of killing off the bad insects such as mosquitoes. One bat can eat his weight in mosquitoes per night. Think of how many mosquitoes that really is!

mark the shoeshine boy said:
i do....i eat mine...randy does too,,,he smokes his !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I square foot garden....it was taught to me by my father....look under www.squarefootgardening.com if you want to maximize your growing space without weeds or using tools, this is a great way t do it...

I get some great crops for the whole family all summer whith this method...

mark tssb
Hi Mark, I am a square foot gardener as well, with some variations I have developed over the years. It is a great system.

Gents, I spent the day clearing debris from my yard and patching mole burrows. Strained my back, which is spoiling my evening cocktail.

Bah, spring! I miss my NYC apartment! Where's my Tylenol? More scotch!

Cheers,
Robert

RVL Saratoga said:
Gents, I spent the day clearing debris from my yard and patching mole burrows. Strained my back, which is spoiling my evening cocktail.

Bah, spring! I miss my NYC apartment! Where's my Tylenol? More scotch!

Cheers,
Robert

You need to switch to ibuprofen when drinking!

Randy

Scotto said:
Those of you who live in perennial warm weather can't appreciate the joy of spring as much as those of us who suffer through months of gloomy, cold weather.

While there is some truth to your claim, unless living in a tropical climate, there is still the great joy experienced in seeing the return of short shorts and bathing suits after their winter hiatus.:001_smile

well how is everyone's garden ???

are your tomatoe vines drying up with the heat or are you experiencing a bumper crop this year...

and of course short shorts....

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I read mid 60's=warm days!!! around here that is a major cold front!!!!! I wish we had 60 degree weather right now:cool:

Rafael

mark the shoeshine boy said:
well how is everyone's garden ???

are your tomatoe vines drying up with the heat or are you experiencing a bumper crop this year...

and of course short shorts....

full

Do all the women who eat vegetables from your garden end up looking like this? If so, do you ship internationally?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I asked if you shipped internatinally I meant the vegetables not the women, just wanted to clarify that. Although...

Top Bottom