What's new

Rite Aid Renewal Single Edge Blades Discontinued?

A few months ago I recall seeing Rite Aid Renewal brand SE blades on their website (I think equal to Gem carbon steel). But, the page doesn't load anymore and I assume it means they've been phased out. I did find some on Ebay at fire sale prices. Anyone have more info? CVS still seems to be in the SE blade business, with the same basic product.

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

That's what I get, the whole site is down.

Last edited:
I walked into a Rite Aid store and saw that the "Renewal" brand is being replaced by a new name: "Daylogic." There were Daylogic SE blades for sale in the store, presumably the same carbon steel as Renewal, but in a different color package.

I guess they think "Renewal" is for old fogeys, but "Daylogic" will appeal to the young generation.

Kind of digging up an old thread on this one. I was on vacation a couple of weeks ago and I stopped at a rite aid in Littleton NH and they had one box of daylogic single edged blades, so I purchased them. I used them in my 1912 Gem razor, hand strapped them and gave them a shave and seemed to work well. Today I stopped at a right aid back home in southern vt and they had 1 box. First time I’ve seen this at this store. I have noticed that they have the same markings as gem blue star razors. So I did a search and found a this old thread. Right aid at the moment seems to be selling these again. I will see if the stock back up after I bought the one box they had. Just curios if anyone is seeing this at there local right aids around the country? Thanks.
AA054889-2711-4B01-9FFE-1ED3E418B56B.jpeg
CE019179-D1B9-46D4-9A31-77F4A3502FA9.jpeg

If a package of store-branded SE blades says they are made in the USA, they are cranked out alongside the GEM/TREET/PAL blades at the plant in Verona, Va. Some are PTFE coated, some aren't. Blades from outside the US might be Dorco blades (run, don't walk, away from them) but they most assuredly aren't GEMs.

Rite-Aid has Daylogic blades on their website.

Top Bottom