What's new

Ripe/Cooked Puerh of the Night

Yesterday was a very good session with what seems to be a 1999 7592 or 8592. At times, I thought this tea had some sort of nasty element to it, so I haven't wanted to drink it. However, a Dingxing with similar nastiness has had a lot of it fade, and is much more pleasant today, so I decided to risk it and try this again. Very good shu. Not a strong taste, but very high in viscosity, strong, good quality qi, a kind of sweet aromatic sugary-woody aroma. What there was of the taste had a strong almond sweetness as a base. Worth drinking for a long way. Does still make my tonguetip feel funny in a way I'm suspicious of, but not too bad. Too nice to be anything but Menghai Tea Factory/Haiwan/Kunming.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Enjoying - there's no other word - the second infusion of a 2008 Menghai Shu. Two bings of ripe puerh arrived today from Puerh Shop. Feeling better about the no-pesticides testing ... Anyway.

Can't believe for how long I've drunk poor tea. Bitter, astringent cheap tea. This is an eye-opener ...

Reading Heiss' book as well. Ahhhhhh ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It actually seems like a shame - and a waste! to drink this for any other reason than pure enjoyment.

(needing caffeine, thirsty etc.)

AA

Top Bottom