What's new

RIP Syd Barrett

Yep, all the old greats are leaving us.

Saw Floyd with Syd many years ago in Cardiff, South Wales when they were finishing off the first half of a concert (to be honest they were pretty bad!) Second half was the Nice and Jimi Hendrix! Great show.

Gareth

This is so strange... he would have been my number 3 on the who'd you like to meet post. But I bumped him b/c I thought I was too heavy on the musicians and then Ken Lay died so I figured what would Arther Anderson have to say to Ken Lay right now? So he did not make the cut. Plus at the time he was still with us.

Tito

Syd Barrett - I bought his two quirky solo albums when still at school - A madcap laughs & Barrett. Thanks Syd for the beautiful music. RIP.

Regards
John

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I listened to Madcap today.

This news has left me feeling physically ill.

:nonod:

I loved Piper At The Gates Of Dawn and A Saucerfull Of Secrets. Those were the 2 Floys albums that Barret had a meaningful contribution towards. Some great stuff on those albums. I wonder what it would have been like has he remained active with Floyd after that?

Christoph said:
I loved Piper At The Gates Of Dawn and A Saucerfull Of Secrets. Those were the 2 Floys albums that Barret had a meaningful contribution towards. Some great stuff on those albums. I wonder what it would have been like has he remained active with Floyd after that?

My kids refer to Pink Floyd as "The Floyd Boys". Syd will be missed. As far as wondering what we have missed by Syd not remaining active, we do know what we would have missed had he stayed a major influence.

Randy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If I can find it, I'll post a video I took of my daughter doing an interpretive dance to Dramatic Theme, the last song on the album More. It was hysterical. She was about six, and it was the most avant garde thing I've ever seen.:lol:

Syd Barrett practically defined the concept of what might have been.......

Top Bottom