RIP Stuart Scott

Discussion in 'The Barber Shop' started by Argonaut, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Argonaut

Argonaut Moderator Emeritus

I thought he was the coolest sportscaster in the world when I was a young man. I'll miss his iconic broadcasts. He was always "As cool as the other side of the pillow."
    Rest in Peace

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. Prayers out to Stuart's family. He was a great sportscaster.

3. I had been aware that he was fighting the good fight, but knew something had taken a turn for the worse when the Monday Night Crew did the tribute.

He was one of my favorites. Rest in Peace Stuart!!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  4. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

Far too young.

5. Not everyone's cup of tea as an announcer, but he came across as a good person and the story about his battle with cancer shows him to be admirable.

6. Great broadcaster. I am sorry for his young daughters. Too young.

7. the_edski

the_edski Moderator Emeritus

Nobody did it like him and anyone who does from now is just an imitation. RIP Stu.

8. Only 49. Cancer is a vicious killer. I always enjoyed Stuart Scott. Good at his craft, but didn't seem to take sports or himself too seriously. I love the ESPN SportCenter commercial with the Running of the Brats sausage race and Scott at the end.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
  9. RIP Mr Scott. You will be missed!

10. As a huge sports fan, I'm going to miss Stuart Scott. He was one of my favorites. He will be missed. Prayers go out to his family and friends, most especially his daughters.

WARHAWK

11. August West

August West Moderator Emeritus

Rest in Peace.

12. He was one of my favorites when I was a teen. I can't hear the word "Booyah" and not think of Stuart Scott. RIP.

13. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

I think that what annoyed me about that term is not that he said it, but that others tried to steal it. Now Chris Berman, on the other hand, has always annoyed me.

14. The most egregious in terms of thinking that it's about him, not the sports.
    I don't want personalities. I just want to find out what's happened and see the highlights.

15. RIP Stuart Scott. One of ESPN's last good commentators.

16. Was really upset when I heard this. Really revolutionized the current atmosphere of ESPN and modern sports coverage IMO. RIP.

17. 73mountaineer

73mountaineer Moderator Emeritus

RIP, Stu.