What's new

RIP Stan Mikita

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. We lost a giant today.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I hadn't heard he passed away until reading this thread.

Only got to see him play a couple times when I was very young, but I definitely remember him. I was told he was responsible for the curved stick blade.

From what I know of him, he was also a successful businessman, and heavily involved in charity work.

I'm sure many will miss him.

The one thing I found amazing about Mikita was early in his playing days he was considered a “dirty” player, racking up tons of penalty minutes. Figuring out the amazing concept that he was more effective on the ice than sitting in the penalty box, Mikita changed his game to the point of winning the Lady Byng (most gentlemanly) Award twice.
To put it in perspective, imagine Brad Marchand winning a Lady Byng...okay, we can all stop laughing.
R.I.P. Stan.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
For the Hockey community, especially Chicago...we have lost a legend today.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Crafty, feisty (about a 'buck-sixty-five soaking wet'), ...he played his whole career (22yrs), with the Black Hawks and I believe he was one of the first starters to weld the dreaded 'banana hook' & don a helmet.

Work Cited: Stan Mikita

May he Rest in Peace & God Bless and Keep Him!

proxy.php
"If you plan to win as I do, the game never ends". Stan Mikita

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The one thing I found amazing about Mikita was early in his playing days he was considered a “dirty” player, racking up tons of penalty minutes. Figuring out the amazing concept that he was more effective on the ice than sitting in the penalty box, Mikita changed his game to the point of winning the Lady Byng (most gentlemanly) Award twice. [...].
Bruce:
+1.jpg
...and as you saw in some of the clips...it's highly rumored that he changed his game after his growing daughter Meg (5yr), told her father..."Daddy...why you always sit alone"?
Ref.jpg

proxy.php

This of course was in reference to his feisty and 'pesty' style of play...in the 'sin-bin'.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"If you plan to win as I do, the game never ends". Stan Mikita

Top Bottom