What's new

RIP Rip

Rip was a staple on variety shows in the 60's and 70's. I actually met him once. I was a student at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale Illinois and the year was either '81 or '82. I was getting a grilled bagel from a street vendor (an SIU tradition that continues today), when a big bus with the name Kenny Rogers emblazoned on it pulls up. Kenny was playing the arena and his warm up was none other than Rip Taylor. Rip steps off the bus and, in pure Rip style, declares, "I MUST have a bagel!" I'm surprised he didn't throw confetti out with his entrance. Hadley, the bagel man, interrupted my bagel to make Rip his. Rip apologized for horning in, but I said it was an honor. He took his bagel, hopped on the bus and sped off to campus.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Rip was a staple on variety shows in the 60's and 70's. I actually met him once. I was a student at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale Illinois and the year was either '81 or '82. I was getting a grilled bagel from a street vendor (an SIU tradition that continues today), when a big bus with the name Kenny Rogers emblazoned on it pulls up. Kenny was playing the arena and his warm up was none other than Rip Taylor. Rip steps off the bus and, in pure Rip style, declares, "I MUST have a bagel!" I'm surprised he didn't throw confetti out with his entrance. Hadley, the bagel man, interrupted my bagel to make Rip his. Rip apologized for horning in, but I said it was an honor. He took his bagel, hopped on the bus and sped off to campus.
Ah man-no confetti? :)

RIP Rip Taylor...….I hope Rip Torn is still doing well......:001_cool:

:gun_bandana:.......…...……...…...…………………………......…………...………….:badger:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I remember seeing him on some TV shows and in some movies but I didn’t know his name until he passed away. RIP Rip.

Top Bottom