What's new

RIP Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

With deep gratitude from the United Kingdom for the kind words in respect of Prince Philip. A sad day indeed, and a day to reflect on duty and service, which he exemplified, and which many all around the world display. Thank you.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
He was a fixture for the whole of my life. Didn’t always agree with him. Didn’t alway like things he said. Respect to him for his service to the Country and his dedication. He will be missed.

the above posts are eye opening in this day and age. i expected vile and ugly things. This is so nice to see.
Disrespectful content is not allowed in our R.I.P. posts, so you won't find any, though I'm certain the anti-monarchists would love to have their say.
I've nought but the greatest respect for the man, who discharged his duty to Queen and country with honour and dignity, and led an exemplary life.
He will be sadly missed in this household.
My sympathies and prayers are with the Queen and Royal family in this, their time of mourning.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Gents can we please keep your post to pay your respect of the passing of Prince Phillip
It is not the time or place to be discussing forum rules and their application.

Here in Wellington NZ there was a 41 gun salute, honouring Prince Philip.
RIP Prince Phillip.

I'm an American who wholeheartedly believes in democracy and democratic values. As such, the idea of a nobility, let alone a monarchy, is anathema to me.

That said, I can respect those who lived their lives in service to others, especially to their countries. More importantly, I sympathize with those who are grieving the loss of a man who was important to them in some way or other. With that in mind, to the British and Commonwealth members in this community, I am sorry for your loss.

Top Bottom