What's new

RIP Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

HRH Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh RIP

A legend of public service both to his country and the world. A conservationist, a wit, mentioned in dispatches for his bravery during WW2, a keen sportsman, qualified pilot, crack shot with a rifle and and I understand a damned good laugh over some drinks. The inspiration behind the global DOE awards which have benefited millions of young people around the world. I feel very sad at the news, and especially sad for our Queen.

condolences to the monarchy and family.
he was a stately and steady figure; too bad not all of his grandkids are same!

btw, truefitt & hill have his warrant as hair dressers; it seems they can keep it for only two years after passing.

truefitt hill 1805 dovo kai april 8 2021.jpg

HRH Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh RIP

A legend of public service both to his country and the world. A conservationist, a wit, mentioned in dispatches for his bravery during WW2, a keen sportsman, qualified pilot, crack shot with a rifle and and I understand a damned good laugh over some drinks. The inspiration behind the global DOE awards which have benefited millions of young people around the world. I feel very sad at the news, and especially sad for our Queen.

Too right . . . His Royal Highness was what used to be called a "Man's man", though I never quite understood the term. He led a life of devoted service, first to his adopted country, then to his lady wife and, finally, to her millions of subjects across the globe. He was a man who, quite rightly, was proud of his accomplishments, but who understood the role he was destined to play. And, much like our dutiful Queen, he carried out that role with a strength of character few could hope to match.

Tonight, I will crack open the "good stuff" and raise a glass to him.

Rest In Peace, sir.

'Tis sad. I was looking forward to seeing Prince Phillip reach his 100th. Unlike Harry, Prince Phillip was a man's man in every sense of the word. I always enjoyed Phillip's sense of humor, even if the press and pc crowd did their best to make it seem inappropriate at times.

'Tis sad. I was looking forward to seeing Prince Phillip reach his 100th. Unlike Harry, Prince Phillip was a man's man in every sense of the word. I always enjoyed Phillip's sense of humor, even if the press and pc crowd did their best to make it seem inappropriate at times.

Oh, it was ALWAYS inappropriate . . . but the Duke was such that he just did not care. I mean, what was anyone going to do to HIM?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
1618002457335.png
Prince Phillip was the 'rock' of the monarchy. He was so many things too so many people. Warrior (WWII), philanthropist, husband (of 73yrs...the Queen is in grief and mourning), consort, father, avid horseman, polo player, carriage driver, patriarch and as always...duty first!. :thumbsup:

May God Bless Him, Keep Him and may he Rest in Peace. 1618001285950.png
1618002771254.png

1617999882684.png
"It's my custom to say something flattering to begin with so I shall be excused if I put my foot in it later on". HRH, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Last edited:
Top Bottom