What's new

RIP Nikolai Volkoff

Guys, I don't know if this was posted already but I just saw in the obits that pro wrestler Nikolai Volkoff(real name Josip Peruzovic and yes I had to look it up) passed away last week at the age of 70. I remember his schtick as the USSR anthem singing heel on the old NWA and later the WWE wrestling shows. Everybody loved to hate the commie. From what I gather his coworkers really liked him. I miss the old days when these guys would come out in the most outrageous stereotypical costumes and personalities and give everybody a show for an hour or two of their day. We seem to lose these colourful old characters so often anymore. RIP.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Another loss from the golden age of grappling.

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Big part of my childhood. Back when it was still wrestling. RIP good man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
RIP, comrade.

Something about the pro wrestling life that takes them away from us all too early ... I'm glad he made it to 70.

proxy.php

RIP, comrade.

Something about the pro wrestling life that takes them away from us all too early ... I'm glad he made it to 70.

proxy.php
Your missing the von Erichs.
Only one of six brothers lived to see his 34th birthday. Kevin lived to become a grandfather. Jack Adkisson, Jr. died at 7 years of age.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Your missing the von Erichs.
Only one of six brothers lived to see his 34th birthday. Kevin lived to become a grandfather. Jack Adkisson, Jr. died at 7 years of age.
I believe the Texas Tornado was one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That would be Kerry. He shot himself in the heart.
My friend almost got beaten up by Kerry in the mid 80s. My buddy is a pretty tough character, never one to back down. He came out of a bar in downtown Fort Worth, and some clown was sitting on his (and one day to become mine) bike, draped over the bars. My friend walked up and gave him a stout shove on the shoulders- enough to knock most men on their butts. This man, however, turned out to be Kerry Von Erich, and he barely moved. KVE stood up and started getting off the bike in a foul mood. Luckily a cop came by and told Kerry to get home before he had to take him in- he had a few sheets to the wind. My friend said it was the first time he ever worried about a fight. KVE was a solid piece of man.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My friend almost got beaten up by Kerry in the mid 80s. My buddy is a pretty tough character, never one to back down. He came out of a bar in downtown Fort Worth, and some clown was sitting on his (and one day to become mine) bike, draped over the bars. My friend walked up and gave him a stout shove on the shoulders- enough to knock most men on their butts. This man, however, turned out to be Kerry Von Erich, and he barely moved. KVE stood up and started getting off the bike in a foul mood. Luckily a cop came by and told Kerry to get home before he had to take him in- he had a few sheets to the wind. My friend said it was the first time he ever worried about a fight. KVE was a solid piece of man.
Excellent memory right there my friend .

Top Bottom