What's new

RIP Nelson Mandela

Terrible news to hear this. As time progresses I feel like these type of people (Ghandi, Dr. King, Mandela) are becoming few and far between. It's an incredible feat to believe in something so passionately that it supersedes oneself.

RIP

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm not going to delete another post in this thread without also deleting the account of the person making it.

This is a "Rest in Peace" thread, and as is customary with ALL Rest in Peace threads is to be used for the purpose of expressing the respect and grief at the passing of someone who was admired by another member.
If you have nothing kind to say about the departed, then don't say a single word.

Next week if you like, you may start a thread of your own debating the quality of the mans life, but not in this RIP thread.

Have a little common sense, a little common courtesy, and think about someone besides yourself for a change.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Sadly, all of South Africa (and the world), is in morning with the passing of their revered son, democracy icon, 1993 Nobel Peace Prize

Laureate, President and beloved elder statesman...Nelson Mandela!
proxy.php

By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News - 5 December 2013

"Nelson Mandela, the revered South African anti-apartheid icon who spent 27 years in prison, led his country to democracy and became its first black president, died Thursday at home. He was 95.

"He is now resting," said South African President Jacob Zuma. "He is now at peace." "Our nation has lost its greatest son," he continued. "Our people have lost a father."

A state funeral will be held, and Zuma called for mourners to conduct themselves with "the dignity and respect" that Mandela personified.

"Wherever we are in the country, wherever we are in the world ... let us reaffirm his vision of a society in which none is exploited, oppressed or dispossessed by another," he said as tributes began pouring in from across the world.

At the time of Nelson Mandela's death, many South Africans hadn't heard the news yet – but soon, hundreds had traveled to Nelson Mandela's home, chanting and singing the national anthem. The young people who gathered there aimed to celebrate Mandela's life, rather than dwelling in sorrow. NBC's Rohit Kachroo reports from suburban Johannesburg".

Read More: http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/05/17500450-he-is-now-at-peace-nelson-mandela-dead-at-95

He was a truly remarkable and extraordinary man. May He Rest in Peace!

$nelson-mandela.jpg "I stand here before you not as a prophet but as a humble servant of you, the people". Nelson Mandela, 1993 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, President of South Africa

Last edited:
Top Bottom