What's new

RIP Michael Jackson

Sad news.

He opened my eyes to the world of beer beyond the Big 3 which dominate here in the US. I enjoyed reading his articles in All About Beer Mag and learned a great deal from him about various beer styles and traditions through his writings, tv show, website and books. For those interested his website is here.

http://www.beerhunter.com/

Rest in peace.

The man who introduced beer to the rest of the world (The Great Beers of Belgium) has died, aged 65. My condolences to his next of kin.

He was also the world's foremost authority Scotch Whisky. He has been suffering with Parkinson's for the last 10 years, God bless him, he is in a better place now and his pain is gone. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. I will certainly miss this man, he is one of my heroes.

He was also the world's foremost authority Scotch Whisky. He has been suffering with Parkinson's for the last 10 years, God bless him, he is in a better place now and his pain is gone. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. I will certainly miss this man, he is one of my heroes.

Indeed, I have his whisky encyclopaedia. I will certainly re-read it now.

From the title, I thought you mean Michael Jackson the singer...

Sorry, I am not knowledgeable in whiskey, but beer on the other hand is my poison.
It is always hard to lose someone with a good purpose in life.

Well this is sad news. I really like his web site. He was one of the few authorities to have the onions to tell it like it is. He championed American brewing and said so on his website. When asked where the finest beer in the world was brewed, he said you must go to America. I suspect that raised a few eyebrows in Germany and Britain! What he meant was that the microbrewery industry here was forging ahead and doing things the old world hadn't done for decades. A truly entertaining writing style and I really cannot fathom having to read the beerhunter site without having new articles of his to read. Just a sad day
Regards, Todd

Lets all raise a glass tonight in his honor! Be it whiskey or beer...cheers!

P.S. The Peet of Peet's coffee also passed on. A dark day indeed.

Bought his World Guide to Beer back in 1982

Also have his

World Guide to Whisky
The English Pub
Malt Whisky companion
Pocket Guide to Beer
Great Beer Guide

A ray of light in a world of ignorance (alcopops, processed beer etc)

R.I.P. Beer Hunter, you served this world well

Lets all raise a glass tonight in his honor! Be it whiskey or beer...cheers!

P.S. The Peet of Peet's coffee also passed on. A dark day indeed.

Dreadful. What a phenomenal loss. Honest and without pretense. Probably did more for coffee drinkers in the states than a dozen others.:sad:

Bought his World Guide to Beer back in 1982

Also have his

World Guide to Whisky
The English Pub
Malt Whisky companion
Pocket Guide to Beer
Great Beer Guide

A ray of light in a world of ignorance (alcopops, processed beer etc)

R.I.P. Beer Hunter, you served this world well

His Single Malt Scotch Whisky Guide is the finest I've seen of it's kind.

Being a devout whisky lover, I'm often browsing Whisky Magazine's Site; their newer reviewers are simply not able to fill Mr. Jackson's shoes. The man was a legend in his field and I seriously doubt whether he will ever be replaced.

Top Bottom