What's new

RIP Joe Lankford

I just read this news over at PSD and it makes me sad. I'm guessing cracking open a can of Plum Pudding will help with that. Joe was the blender behind the SPC blends amongst others. I met Joe in the 70's in his shop in Dodge City, KS. I lived about 70 miles away. I was looking for a tobacco that wasn't goopy and would help with my pipe souring. Joe suggested heavy Latakia blends. He sold me some straight Latakia that I smoked for some years. At the time, I had no idea who he was, I'm not sure he did either; just a guy in Dodge City selling pipes and tobacco and cigars. It was only four years ago, when I took back up the pipes and my first purchase was an 8oz can of Potlatch that ensuing discussion on the forums led me to the realization that it had to be Joe who started me on Latakia. Small world. RIP Joe.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I just heard about this. He was a great blender and from all accounts a great guy too. I’ll be smoking some Mississippi River SR in his honor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
joe.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The man may be gone, but his blends will be around for a long time. It’s a great legacy. RIP.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That is sad news, and may he rest in peace. Plum Pudding, Potlatch, Mississippi River, and Seattle Evening (and their variations) are lovely blends.

Top Bottom