What's new

RIP Honeybee Sue

Gentlemen and Ladies, it is with a heavy heart that I relay this news to you. Susan Smith of Honeybee Soaps left this world on 4 Dec 2018. I had been in contact with her over the past several months via email and knew of her failing health. She had several surgeries and things were looking up. I had not heard from her in over a month and feared the worst. Unfortunately, I discovered her obituary, and the news was confirmed...

Susan Ellen Smith Obituary - Malden, MA | ObitTree™

As many of you know, she was one of the first artisans on the scene, way back in the early days of B&B. Affectionately known as one of the Three Sues:
Sue Smith (RIP) of Honeybee Soaps,
Sue Moore (RIP) of Saint Charles Shave, and
Sue Clark of Mama Bear Soaps

I know her soaps fell out of fashion with all the new upcoming artisans over the years, but she still maintained a set of loyal fans, myself included. I will cherish all of my remaining tubs of her shave soap and bars of bath soap, and will think of her every time I use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad to hear, Honeybee was indeed one of the first (if not the very first) artisans I bought soaps from when I was getting started in wet shaving. My condolences to Sue’s family and friends.

That’s terrible news. I was actually just on her website yesterday. I used her soaps for a long time. They were very reasonably priced.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Gentlemen and Ladies, it is with a heavy heart that I relay this news to you. Susan Smith of Honeybee Soaps left this world on 4 Dec 2018. I had been in contact with her over the past several months via email and knew of her failing health. She had several surgeries and things were looking up. I had not heard from her in over a month and feared the worst. Unfortunately, I discovered her obituary, and the news was confirmed...

Susan Ellen Smith Obituary - Malden, MA | ObitTree™

As many of you know, she was one of the first artisans on the scene, way back in the early days of B&B. Affectionately known as one of the Three Sues:
Sue Smith (RIP) of Honeybee Soaps,
Sue Moore (RIP) of Saint Charles Shave, and
Sue Clark of Mama Bear Soaps

I know her soaps fell out of fashion with all the new upcoming artisans over the years, but she still maintained a set of loyal fans, myself included. I will cherish all of my remaining tubs of her shave soap and bars of bath soap, and will think of her every time I use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for remembering her, and bringing us the news...

AA

While it is very sad, the good news is she's joining St. Sue to stockpile all the soaps we'll be needing in the next world. Clearly, a Heavenly Army of Sues is needed for us lot.

So sad to hear. I have one of her soaps that someone PIF'd me, but to be honest, I've never tried it. I just may have to now.

This is so sad. Honeybee soaps have been my go-to since joining this forum so many years ago. Just opened my last puck last weekend and was planning to stock up on another three pack but hadn't heard back from Sue. RIP to a very nice lady.

I have not been with B&B for that long and thus I never really knew Sue. My condolences to those who knew her. What a sad passing of someone who really seemed to care for this community and the shavecraft.

B&B is a large board and I had only recently heard of the soap. That said, looking online it appears the website for her soaps is still up and running. Does anyone know if this is being run still, or would I be sending an order Into a bottomless void at this point?

Thanks folks.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@mrdoug There's an email on the left side of the website page. A query that way is probably the best way to understand if they have officially closed or not.

Top Bottom