What's new

RIP Eddie Van Halen

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I loved this photo that I saw yesterday. He played with joy.

1602088983658.png

There are a couple of 78 and 79 Van Halen concerts on Frensno Media Restoration channel on YouTube. Sweet with sugar on top sound + a glimpse into the past when concerts had no cell phone videographers filming stuff no one will watch 40+ years later like this crew did in the olden days.

I've read more about him since his passing than I ever did before. He genuinely seems like a decent guy. He had connections in Michigan through Valarie as she lived here for a few years growing up. His former brother-in-law lives a little north of here in a small town. He asked Eddie for a signed guitar to donate for a fund raiser for a local school and Eddie obliged, which apparently was not something that he normally did. I also like that he thought old rockers should grow old gracefully and quit trying to look like the did way back when.

Because they are all old now...drugs ..smoking..drinking ..partying it all catches up to you ...the people who where 30’s when i was younger are now 60’s ..people dont live forever sadly...you get one life and it does end...all you can do is try and enjoy what little time you have on this earth

I was genuinely saddened when Eddie died... but today seeing this, my emotions were triggered, made me happy and made me cry at the same time. Goodbye Eddie, your music lives on.

Top Bottom