What's new

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Man... that is sad.
Eddie_Van_Hallen.jpg

When you talk about "rock guitarists", there was one name that ALWAYS came up . . . EDDIE. You never needed to use his last name, because there WAS only one. Rest easy, Eddie, and thank you for the music.

Such a great loss. He was a master of his craft and inspired countless numbers to pick up a guitar and give it a go. One of the top guitarist of all time...RIP Eddie.

Last edited:
This will be a day I always remember.

Thanks for the inspiration, and from grinning ear to ear whenever I saw you play.

Never a bigger loss to the guitar community, you’ll never be forgotten, man.

RIP, play on higher ground now.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was 13 when Van Halen 1 came out. I had to talk my parents into letting me get it.

RIP Eddie!!

Reactions: CCR
What a talent! How many parties had Van Halen rocking out in the background. A true giant in rock. R.I.P.

Horrible news. He was a childhood icon and such an inspiration to myself and so many others. I remember learning after Dimebag Darrell had been murdered, Eddie came to his funeral. He brought with him his original 1979 black and yellow striped Charvel (Dime’s favorite) so it could be buried with him. I think that says something about what kind of person Eddie was, aside from being incredibly talented.

RIP Eddie. He was a big inspiration to me when I was first learning to play the guitar. I heard Van Halen live a few years ago with DLR, and they still had it!! Great show.

My cassette case I carried in my car had every VH cassette in it. I feel certain my one car left with a cassette player in it has a VH tape in it right now...Later, I had to buy them all again in CDs.

Top Bottom