What's new

RIP Ed Ames

One of the albums played every Christmastime was this:

xmaswith_edames294.jpg

"The Ballad of the Christmas Donkey" was my favorite as a young boy. I still listen to his Christmas songs.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ed Ames died at 95. I will always remember him for this appearance on the Johnny Carson show.
I came just to post that video. :) I didn’t know the Ames Brothers did the song Girlfriend of Sigma Chi. My grandmother would sing this, if she had a beer in her, when we played Rummy 500. Then she’d giggle like a girl. Thanks for that memory, Mr. Ames, and RIP.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I came just to post that video. :) I didn’t know the Ames Brothers did the song Girlfriend of Sigma Chi. My grandmother would sing this, if she had a beer in her, when we played Rummy 500. Then she’d giggle like a girl. Thanks for that memory, Mr. Ames, and RIP.
Well, I just got corrected. It was Sweetheart of Sigma Chi that the Ames Brothers did (see link). My grandmother’s version was a bit bawdier.

She drinks and she smokes
And she tells dirty jokes
She’s the girlfriend of Sigma Chi

Should have known it. She was a huge Benny Hill fan, too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, I just got corrected. It was Sweetheart of Sigma Chi that the Ames Brothers did (see link). My grandmother’s version was a bit bawdier.

She drinks and she smokes
And she tells dirty jokes
She’s the girlfriend of Sigma Chi

Should have known it. She was a huge Benny Hill fan, too.

I want to party with your grandma my friend! May she and Mr Ames rest in peace.

I think I have that Johnny Carson show memorized, friend @Hms123 ! I miss the simpler times.

Top Bottom