What's new

RIP B&M Classic, now what?

So, the essence of sunup = the spiciness of Old Spice + the mint notes of Skin Bracer. all wrapped up in a sandalwoody fougere.

I have owned Sun Down, B&M Classic, and real Sun Up.

I've been working on recreating Sun Up for just this situation.

When a perfumer creates two similar items, there will be crossover. Case in point; B&M Spice has a lot of crossover with B&M Classic.

Take B&M Spice mix it 50/50 with Skin Bracer. Bonus if you use Italian Skin Bracer or Extro Camelot. You will get VERY close to real Sun Up and B&M Classic.

Even the color comes out similar to Sun Up.

proxy.php
Always thinking ahead, you are! This demands further investigation.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
This is another bad thing about artisan products. Gillette may make a product for decades, an artisan may make a product for decadays (I made up that word).

It’s difficult to go wrong with Floris 89. Like most of the big European perfumers, most of their products are extremely concentrated and could take some dilution. Floris Elite (a drier, woodier scent) is also one my favorites. Buying tip: pony up and get Floris scents from Floris (they have a US site). These products don’t fly off the shelves of third party resellers because of their cost and the scents can change with time. Floris will also include two free samples with your order, and they offer samples of many of their fragrances.

I very much applaud the efforts of the US drugstore product perfumers, to make classic scents like Old Spice and Sun Up at a reasonable price, and that they were pretty consistent over a long time is quite a feat.

This is another bad thing about artisan products. Gillette may make a product for decades, an artisan may make a product for decadays (I made up that word).

It’s difficult to go wrong with Floris 89. Like most of the big European perfumers, most of their products are extremely concentrated and could take some dilution. Floris Elite (a drier, woodier scent) is also one my favorites. Buying tip: pony up and get Floris scents from Floris (they have a US site). These products don’t fly off the shelves of third party resellers because of their cost and the scents can change with time. Floris will also include two free samples with your order, and they offer samples of many of their fragrances.

I very much applaud the efforts of the US drugstore product perfumers, to make classic scents like Old Spice and Sun Up at a reasonable price, and that they were pretty consistent over a long time is quite a feat.

What are you talking about? The whole point of the b&m reserve line is that the scents were discontinued.

Sun up has been off of the market for like 60 years.

Top Bottom