What's new

RIP Abe Vigoda

I just saw his name and age listed in a list of 80-99 year old celebrities. Good to see so many have long and productive lives in their golden days. RIP Abe.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Tom Hagen: I always thought it would be Clemenza.

Michael: It's the smart move. Tessio was always smarter.

Oh man... another of my favorites. I watch Barney Miller quite regularly. He was great in that. Rest in peace, Fish.

Watched The Godfather Epic (parts 1 & two with extra scenes, in chronological story line. The only way to watch The Godfather if ya ask me) on Saturday.

RIP Tessio

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I grew up watching Barney Miller. I didn't see the Godfather until I was 21 or so. He was great in that.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis

proxy.php
...I always liked him in that role...Fish was a good fit too!

He will be missed and may God Bless Him, Keep Him and may he Rest in Peace!

$Tessio.jpg

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/abe-vigoda-sunken-eyed-character-actor-dead-at-94/ar-BBoJH6p?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout#image=BBoda9o|1

proxy.php
"I've always been content just to be working and making a modest living for my wife and child". Abe Vigoda

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I will miss him and respected a good deal of his work.

Still, I could not help thinking that he lived quite a long life, considering that he first died nearly 35 years ago.

Death finally caught up with Abe.

In 1982 People magazine mistakenly referred to Vigoda as dead. At the time, Vigoda, age 61, was performing in a stage play in Calgary. He took the mistake with good humor, posing for a photograph published in Variety in which he was sitting up in a coffin, holding the erroneous issue of People. Jeff Jarvis, a People employee at the time, said that the magazine's editors were known for "messing up" stories, and one of them repeatedly inserted the phrase "the late" in reference to Vigoda, even after a researcher correctly removed it. The edited (erroneous) version was what went to print.

The same mistake was made in 1987 when a reporter for television station WWOR, Channel 9 in Secaucus, New Jersey, mistakenly referred to him as "the late Abe Vigoda". She realized and corrected her mistake the next day.

Top Bottom